Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
140 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3d v2 First Impressions

Started by XOrionFE, November 25, 2013, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well, I grabbed a copy of academic today and got it fired up.  First, the bad news....at the moment it appears Latest FSUIPC will not work with it.  It installs and shows up in the addon menu fine but is not selectable with the mouse.   A little check on some fsuipc forum support threads and it appears Pete has been working on it but not done yet and he is on vacation so may be a week or two before we have a workable solution I'm guessing.

Now as for the good news...so far with all sliders turned up and HDR on I am getting very good frame rates on a surround view setup with 3 screens at 1080 (but a single wide front view and no multiple windows).  This is on my virtual cockpit desktop setup which is on a 3770 at 4.5 with a 2 gb 660ti card and 16 gig ram with an ssd drive.

Lighting appears to be a huge and I mean HUGE improvement!  Shadows move across cockpit and landscape and look phenominal.   The runway lighting comes pretty damn close to X-plane and no bloated lights right out of the box with surround view.  Fog is awesome as well.   I am not running any environment addons at all and straight out of the box water, sky, clouds, and even terrain looks fantastic!  This is looking very very promising as my new playground!

Well...back to the basement for some more testing.   

Scott

iwik

Thanks Scott,
Looks like we might be heading in the right direction with FSX/P3D.
Look forward to more comments.

Regards
Les

Flying_Fox

Thanks Scott!

Please keep the reports coming - I also going to try P3D and already bought new 240 Gb SSD for it.  :angel:

Nick

tinker27

I also updated to p3d v2 , looks awesome as you say , but im struggling with my addons , like pmdg even thro my flight estonisa fsx-p3d tool its not having any of it . scenery addons too are been a biatch . but i will get it if it kills me . ps was getting 80 fps at one point this morn , then steadied back to 40 fps lol .

iwik

Hi,
See this: 

Quote from overflow on November 26, 2013, 10:37
Here the solution how Pete is back
Go to modules and rename the simconnectP3D2.dll e.g xxx.bak. Then start P3D, in this case FSUIPC load the original ESP Client. It works.

Worked like a charm

les

markfire

Nice find Les

I did find that copying over the FSX fsuipc.ini worked but no menu. I'll give it a go

Got orbx stuff installed which makes night lighting on the ground good. Have to play a bit when installing other scenery.

With all sliders maxed apart from reflections I'm getting 30fps locked with wideview, but the killer is how smooth it is!  Lots of tweaking to be done and I expect only good will come to those that wait : )

Great clouds, colours and mist effects from default.

http://youtu.be/P8t3veKpbZY

727737Nut

What flight model are you using Scott?   I got the PMDG NGX to work except for one thing.  An annoying stuck in TCAS test display on the pfd.   
More testing to follow.
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate