Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Audio Equipment enroute...

Started by RayS, October 16, 2014, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

Bob, Trevor, Sam:
I sent the Yamaha 10-channel mixer and a studio mic to Sam yesterday. It should arrive next Thursday.

The mixer kit is designed to mix pilot intercom communications with ambient noise in the cockpit, then send that signal back to the media server using the same line from the pilot intercom box.

Additionally, I want to also send the mixed audio to my video camera to record video. That cable didn't ship in the package I sent but will be arriving with me on the 5th. (It's a home-made cable that impedance matches Line out to my video camera)

Before powering up the mixer, ensure all controls are at zero. (except the green ones.. they should be centered)

Cables:

1.   Mic cable to Mic and Channel 1 mixer

2.   Long mini-male to dual ¼" cable:

Goes to Pilot Intercom Box Record(er) OUT, other end to Channel  5/6 IN on mixer

3.   Really short Y cable:
       The plug that was originally in the Pilot Intercom Box Record(er) OUT jack goes to the female plug on the short Y cable.

The ¼" jacks go to Monitor Out on the mixer.

Setting mixer to use "Pilot Voice"  (Radio Voice on mixer):

Turn the selector to 22 (or 24, can't remember which)

Press selector knob in to make selection permanent. (Otherwise it'll revert back to original selection)

Tune the Parameter control to suit to taste. You can add the effect individually to each channel. Only add it to Channels 5/6, not channel 1 (Mic input)

Let me know if there's any questions!
Ray
Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Awesome News, and this is a great place to post this so we have it when we get there.

I know Sam is working with the Audio guys right now, and they are hopefully going to work with the headsets/Intercom.  With any luck they will just ahve an output we can put into your mixer.

We will look at getting this setup.

Thanks for doing that Ray, you are awesome!

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Thank you Ray,
I'll let you know as soon as the equipment gets here, we are trying to mix it all up via software this time, if it doesn't work by any chance them is plan B, but I'll advice my sound guy of your need to hook up your camera, etc. see you soon.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate