Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 01:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
724 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 724
Total: 724

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What Projectors are you Using

Started by ZK CWD, February 27, 2016, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK CWD

I'm looking at different projectors at the moment and would be very interested to get feed back as to what you are using in the way of model and make of projector.

I will be using a Short Throw projector that i know.

Let me know what you are using.

Thanks

Richard
New Zealand
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

Ridgenj

Dear Richard, if you can get them, Optoma  GT 1080 ST is the way to go. Three will cover nicely an FOV  180 and more. Price in the US 799 USD.
You are close to the master of flightsim visuals, Mr. Nat Crea.
www.natvis.com
The best projector is nothing worth if you are not able to get a flawless warp.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ZK CWD

Thanks Luis,

I'm currently looking at an Optoma as well EH415ST.

Would you mind looking at the specs and let me know what you think.

I can get those here in New Zealand for $1650NZ each which I think is fairly good and probably equats to the same in US dollars.

The correct warping is a must and I'll be looking at fly elease software for that.

Richard
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

Ridgenj

Richard, the specs are good and it has ethernet  and  more important, the lense can be focused. Apparently the GT1080 is optimized for gaming.
I guess most of us will welcome the ability  to focus.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kingchiro

I have 3 BenQ 1080ST's. So far happy and haven't given me any trouble.
Will totally agree with everyone else regarding the warping. I also have fly elise  Immersive display Pro and immersive  calibration pro warping software.
The projectors are not worth a cracker without the warping, the screen and the screen material. My screen is made of mdf boards with 'black widow' DIY paint mix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(paint_mix)
You will be amazed at the immersion however you may be disappointed with the clarity compared to monitors/TV's.
:2cw:

MjTom

On this occasion I will show you a good option how to build a curved screen.
I don´t know, if this product can buy anywhere.
It´s called "Riflex", very easy to handle and has a very fine surface.
I cannot explane in english, it is too difficult for the old man.
so look at the video and the link:

http://www.franz-drepper.de/spezialitaeten/rigips-ridurit-riflex-brandschutzplatten/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xadv4IhtalE

by this way: 3x Benq W1080 are my favorites.

so long, Thomas

Aerosim Solutions

I am very happy with my BenQ MW811ST units Richard but will probably upgrade to the Optima 1080 units sometime in the future!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate