Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 12:38:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
751 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 751
Total: 751

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D v3.3 - using View Groups instead of modifying the FXML file

Started by navymustang, September 10, 2016, 04:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

For those who are considering upgrading to P3D v3.3 - there is a new feature called View Groups. It is extremely nice for those who have a three projector (or more) setup and are using FlyElise Immersive Display Pro for your warp & blend solution.
Or even those who use the FREE !!!!  Immersive LCD Designer program.

Immersive Calibration outputs the ViewGroups XML files that can then be copied directly into the P3D supporting directory. Then instead of messing with eye points, or viewing angles or views, you simply tell P3D to use the Immersive Display View Group, and there you are.

OK - it's a lot more difficult than that - but you get the idea I hope.
I'm still experimenting - but think I'll have a completely functioning visual system within a few days using this new approach.

One major problem with this new version of P3D - you can't save the ViewGroups as part of the default flight. So you have to select the group each time you start up each visual computer. Lockheed has indicated that will be fixed on an upcoming release.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

navymustang

Update on View Groups.

P3D v3.4 is out now and fixes the View Groups persistency problem.  It is a great addition to P3D. Now my three slave PCs for the projectors can boot and start right up with the visual scene running.

Please NOTE !

P3D v3.4 requires the new FSUIPC for 3.4.  One of the failures is the Push Back which has been identified in other post on the site.

P.S. Please take a look at the visual NAVAIDS training feature of P3D v3.4.  It is fantastic !
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate