Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
739 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Performance / TH2GO or direct connection to G-Card

Started by Masterploxis, October 08, 2016, 07:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterploxis

Hello,

do you have experience if it is better for the performance to connect 3 projectors directly to the 3 x HDMI output of the Graphic Card (in my case GTX980ti) or run the prjectors via TH2GO.

I have used TH2GO long time, but with the new G-Card i wonder if it is better to connect the prjectors directly - means buyng new cables... Thats why i am askin.

Cheers
Andreas

www.masterploxis.de
DIY Homecockpit since 2011

Bob Reed

I would think the graphics card would be better, but I am just guessing. Seems to me 3 cables would be a cheap experiment. Give it a try and let us know!

Aerosim Solutions

I've been considering this too after replacing my GTX980 with a GTX1080, I couldn't see much difference in FPS via the TH2Go although I think there is hardly any stutter at all now. My projectors are VGA only so I will need to get some adapters, I'll be interested see your test results!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Masterploxis

Hello Guys,

i tried but had a issues with the correct order of the separate Displays.

While the correct order (LEFT / MIDDLE / RIGHT) was kept in Windows and in Immersive View Calibration Pro, when i calculated the Frustums the order was not correct anymore- (LEFT / RIGHT / MIDDLE). I tried several times and had not the Patience to get it right. So i went back to the TH2GO solution which works.

Only downside with the TH2GO, you will have one wide Screen Monitor defined and are not able to use the View Group FXML function of P3D V3 which requires separate Windows. It was my Initial Motivation to test the new functionality of Immersive Calibration pro in Connection with P3D V3..

So not Information about the FPS Impact... Sorry guys.

Cheers
Andy

www.masterploxis.de
DIY Homecockpit since 2011

Aerosim Solutions

Thanks for the report Andy, I will not attempt any changes for now. I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it, at least not until after Worldflight! 28FPS at FlyTampa YSSY across three projectors is not too bad at all I reckon.

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate