Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
716 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 716
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OEM Fire panel

Started by Air59, October 14, 2016, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air59

Hi all,

I've bought an OEM 737 fire panel and will wire it to let it work with PROSIM.
i have 1 little question about it.

I dont have the OEM handle's bulbs (they are missing). Do one of you knows what type of bulb it is ? I tried to use the 718 Korry's bulb but they are too little. May be, if you have an OEM fire panel, could you just check what is written on the bulbs ? That would be very kind of you !!

And...i have one broken 718 KORRY...if someone knows where i can find one that costs less than 80 dollars.... :idiot: 8)

Many thanks for your help. And thank you for this site wich is THE must have for a serious cockpit builder !

Thierry
France

jackpilot

Probably tiny 28v bulbs
A high intensity LED would probably be more appropriate (Low voltage)

Same for the annunciators.

Jack

Jack

737NGer

Don't you mean a 318 Korry? What type Korry is it? Type 1 circuit or type 2 circuit. I think there is a type 1 brand new on ebay. However, it will cost you 100 dollars and the engraving on the lightplate is 'tail skid.'
Here is the link if you're interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z110-NEW-IN-SEALED-BOX-KORRY-TAIL-SKID-LIGHT-/371746245060?hash=item568dcd89c4:g:1w4AAOSw3xJXo6lI&vxp=mtr#viTabs_0

Best regards,
Youssef

mickc

The fire handles use 387 bulbs, these are 28v 40mA, with a T-1 3/4 base.  Just google 387 bulb and you will find plenty of sources.

jackpilot

Quote from: 737NGer on October 14, 2016, 08:06:07 AM
Don't you mean a 318 Korry?
100 dollars and the engraving on the lightplate is 'tail skid.'
Youssef

HighWay robbery!
Sold a bunch of them for peanuts as I got them on EBay for the same amount!! :D
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=4755.msg35166#msg35166

Here you go : 8 of them for ±$100 plus 4 nice locking switches....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-747-Aircraft-Anti-Ice-Control-Panel-P-N-69B46002-74-/322256955588?hash=item4b0802e8c4:g:BMAAAOSwGtRX0pWe&vxp=mtr
Jack

Jack

Air59

Thanks a lot Jack, Youssef and Mick !

Indeed i want to use 28VDC, as i already have the good power supply and the 318 Korrys need that voltage. With a Phidget card, i already noticed it works very well !

You are right Youssef, i mean the 318 Korry with type 1 circuit. I'am afraid to see the price of only 1 piece !! understand now why i can't afford a real 737 ;-))

Jack, as usual, your knowledge of ebay impresses me ! i just have to check if the 747 uses the same 737 korrys.

Will go on and let you now !

Have a very good day.

Thierry

mickc

Good move, you will need 28v anyway for the fire handle release solenoids.

Which Korry is broken? I may have a spare one.

Just for reference,here are some pics from when i converted mine
https://www.facebook.com/727065570736112/photos/?tab=album&album_id=744153492360653

Air59

Whow Mick !! Very nice conversion !! You've made a very good job...i will try to follow you ;-)

The broken korry is the Wheel Well one. I's a matter of body of the korry. The plate seems to be well. The previous owner of the firepanel tried to sold something...and apparently...he didn't succeed ;-) It seems to be a 318 type 1 like the others. If you have one to sold, i 'am your man ;-)))

I don't know if you had such a problem : on handle is broken. i can turn it from left to right in the position where it should be blocked. In the release position, it turns freely...I will open one other handle, wich works good, to see if i can do anythnig.

Thanks for your site i will check completly !!
Thierry.

mickc

Rodger.

I don't have a spare wheel well one, but if you have 2 options, one is to remove the front legend from the existing Korry and attach it to a replacement one. (very easy to break the front plate while removing it though!)

Option 2: You cant just swap the front insert with another Korry as they are keyed so that they are not interchangeable, although with a little work with a Dremel tool you can remove the internal key pins and off you go.

Also bear in mind that 4 of the annunciators in the fire panel are power seeking as opposed to ground seeking, these are the 2 Eng overheats, fault and wheel well. These have a grey switch body instead of a white one.  If you are using a Phidgets card then you will need to run these through small relays as the Phidgets card only switches the ground. (assuming you want to retain the push-to-test functionality etc)

With regards to your handle, it sounds like one of the pins in the handle shaft has snapped, or the plastic locking collar is broken.

bernard S

replacing from a 74  becareful as there are diffrent series of 74 ... so confirm if 1,2,3 or 4   the rhev1,2,3: 74s will have grey panels and the 4 will be brown also 123 parts are dirt cheap however that being said .. since you sourcing items i would suggest get a couple spare lens caps ... this is one of the few modules that will be abused in your sim .

jackpilot

Quote from: bernard S on October 15, 2016, 04:09:26 AM
. this is one of the few modules that will be abused in your sim .

The fire panel ? :o

Jack

jackpilot

Thierry,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-737-Gen-Drive-Standby-Power-P5-5-Control-Panel-/282220284955?hash=item41b5a3cc1b:g:ACgAAOSwzaJX-AsX&vxp=mtr

Matériel situé en France!!
Regarde ce que tu as pour 300 balles

5 annunciators
3 swich guards
4 toggles
6 dzus
2 nice gauges

All real, all 737, from a pro sim....

Jack

Jack

Air59

Jack,
tu arrives toujours à trouver les superbes affaires !! Un grand merci ! je vais aller voir ça de près ! Merci tout plein !!

Mick, many thanks too. I know understand why some other cockpit builders did use relay boards to wire the fire panel ! i have to replan my job ;-)

I just realised that i am also missing the 3 bulbs from the 282-1001-001 korrys which are the 3 green indicators. Do you know the reference of thoses bulbs ? i found a bulb shop https://www.locatory.com/search/LIGHT%20IND on Internet and i'm sure i can buy some if i know the ref.

thanks to you all

thierry

737NGer

Locatory is not a regular electronics shop. It is a spare parts marketplace aimed at airlines and spare parts companies. You actually have to pay to just use the database. If I am correct, you are not allowed to use the site for 'home or personal entertainment.' That probably includes home sims. I wanted to use the site to get some parts, but refrained once I found out about this policy.

bernard S

yeah jack ...fire module panel is most used in mine and thus because most people do not know how the fire pulls function they tend to get abused ..maybe some people just poke holes in the sky when flying their sim.  :o.... part of the fun is fires even more fun with x4 engines  8).but this is off topic.

Air59

Thanks Youssef !
I was wrong about the site. The one i wanted to speack about is that one : http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/amlbulblist.php

Seems better...

Thierry

mickc

Quote from: Air59 on October 15, 2016, 08:27:06 AM
I just realised that i am also missing the 3 bulbs from the 282-1001-001 korrys which are the 3 green indicators. Do you know the reference of thoses bulbs ? i found a bulb shop https://www.locatory.com/search/LIGHT%20IND on Internet and i'm sure i can buy some if i know the ref.

Part number for these bulbs is OL-737  - same bulbs that are used in the 6 packs.  I found Skygeek to be the cheapest source for these lately.
I would advise staying clear of Bulbtown, every time i have ordered through them it has ended in tears.  ::)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate