Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
718 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 718
Total: 718

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Foot air Windshield air panel

Started by hirail22, October 19, 2016, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirail22

Hi, I'm looking for some ideas for this panel, anyone know where I can get a couple, or is there anyone out there with a 3D printer and some ideas who can make these for me, gladly pay you a good price, I already have the wemac eyeball vents, surprising no manufacturer has them in their product list as its a nice to have finishing touch to our cockpits, even if it is just a dummy, any thoughts?

Steve

mickc

Hi Steve,  I answered your post over on the Prosim forum, but i'll post it here as well, in case anyone else is interested.

I have made these before.
The mounting block is 3D printed, with hexagonal reliefs in the back for a nut.  Then automotive bonnet/hood release cables are used, these will be connected to butterfly vales in the ducting to control the airflow as per the real aircraft.
The original knob is cut off the cable, and i cut and M5 thread onto the shaft.   
New knobs are also 3D printed and have a steel helicoil thread insert to mount to the end of the cable.  the Lettering is UV printed directly onto the knob instead of using a sticker etc.

Base plate is laser cut from aluminium.   

Also I made adaptors for the eyeball vents, so I can attach proper 2" aircraft ducting to it at an angle so it follows the bottom of the MIP.
These adaptors also have metal thread inserts so you don't have to muck around trying to get nuts mounted under the MIP.

Here is a link to some pics

http://imgur.com/a/OrLUE

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate