Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 03:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
725 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Weather Panel

Started by jackpilot, February 08, 2017, 05:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Just finished interfacing a very clean Weather panel I got from EBay.
WX, WX+T, MAP and TEST buttons as well as GAIN & TILT Pots should be active with SimAvionics
I got the pinout from Collins and discarded what was not usable.
I'm always reluctant to gut a nice serviceable unit, but at least it will have a new life soon!

Jack

XOrionFE

oops, I bid on that up to $50 and lost the bid.   I hope that wasn't you I was bidding against Jack. :-[

Scott

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

Crap, sorry about that.  I suppose when something like that come up it would make sense to see here if others are bidding so we dont end up killing each other on the price.

jackpilot

Not sure about the best way to achieve that but for sure a good idea.
Any suggestions?

Jack

Garys

I did that once many years ago with a 747-400 solenoid start switch. Rare as hens teeth. I pulled out to let this popular guy in the community win for the benefit of all.  Turns out his max bid was nowhere near where mine was going to be for something so rare and he didn't win. I'm still annoyed abut it even after all these years.

Moral of the story is if you want it go for it.

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

Thats a good point Gary.   I suppose if you find someone else is wanting it you could PM each other and see what each is willing to go to and how important the item is to each.   Just nice to find a way to make sure we dont overpay for items as well due to bidding.   I think this one Jack one started at like $19 and if I had know it was Jack I would have bowed out and he may have gotten it for far less than $50.  Maybe even $19!   

Oh well.   sorry Jack. 

That said, it was a very nice catch I think even for $50.   Glad you won it.

Scott

Nat Crea

Beautiful panel and worth $50 everyday!

Nat

jackpilot

Agreed.
Over the years we learn how to appreciate the luck we have to be able to get for peanuts incredible pieces of hardware that were rightfully valued zillions.
Easy to realize when you take them apart and see all these tiny nuts and bolts, properly designed and organized, holding high tech boards made to be bulletproof. I have high respect for these parts and it is always a pleasure to get them a new lease on "aero-life" !
:D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate