Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
721 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 721
Total: 721

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Projector colour Matching & alignment.

Started by brianwilliamson, February 11, 2017, 09:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

X-Rite-i1Display-Pro or Spyder 5 ELITE

I have been looking for means of calibrating my 3 Optoma GT 1080 projectors and after some intense searching, did not come up with much information on projector alignment for these two colourimeters .

Has any of our good builders had any information as to the use and recommendation of the i1 or the Spyder ?

Regards....................Brian W
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

tennyson

Hi Brian.
Just from googling both of those products, the Spyder looks like it's only for monitors, so the x-rite might be more suited to projector calibration.

I thought I had my calibration pretty well sorted out via the colour correction in the NVIDIA panel, until the next update just overwrote it and I was back to the start.

I then used the colour correction in the monitors, which, while not as accurate, keep their settings until you change them manually.

I'm really happy with my calibration and have been running the "Ultimate Realism Pack", a tweak I heard about, a while ago. It's a PTA preset and it has tuned up the entire colour palette within P3d.

I was amazed at the change in colour and hue from the projectors, just great!

Frank

brianwilliamson

Gooday Frank.......both those models will do projectors. It is only some of the other models of those, that will not do projectors.

Trying to setup colours by eye is giving me a pain, so that is why I was wondering if anyone else was using these bits of gear to do the job.

Cheers.......................Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim

MCrevot

Hi Brian,

i think i have the same problem as you : 3 vdp for the front, right and left view, the front view on one PC, and the two other one on an other pc.

for calibration, i have a colormunki dispaly, wich is able to equalize the calibration of two display on the same PC.

I think, not yet tried, that the a way to équilibrate the 3 display is to connect the three display on the same PC, equilibrate them, and then transfer the ICC profile concerned to the other PC.

Michel
my website : http://www.mya320sim.com
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

brianwilliamson

Thank you Michel for the reply.

That was one of the problems I was wondering about as to how I could get 3 projectors on 3 different computers to be exactly the same. The details of doing this were not eluded to on any of the sites that I googled unfortunately.

At least I am pleased to know that someone has tried calibrating with one of these devices.

From all the articles I have seen so far it seems that the X-Rite-i1Display-Pro seems to be slightly favorite.

Again many thanks for your reply.

Regards.................Brian W.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate