Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
706 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 706
Total: 706

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Running multiple computers from a single keyboard and mouse

Started by n4208t, February 23, 2017, 07:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4208t

Not sure if this the right place to put this or not but I have been looking for a program like this for a long time for my work and it has just as much functionality for your sim if you run multiple computers across a network as I do. 

I came across this program called Synergy from https://symless.com/synergy/ and decided to try it since it only cost $19.  It is a one time cost only and it runs on both (or more) computers as a service.  It is simple to set up and it really works!  Well!  For $10 more you can also encrypt the signal if you want or need to.  Also available in both 32 bit and 64 bit for pretty much any operating system.

Pretty slick useful program for little money so I thought I would pass the info on to others.

Steve (n4208t)

blueskydriver

Have you tried TightVNC or Teamviewer? Both work great and are FREE! Been using both for years...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

hypnorm

Hi,

I have used Teamviewer and Mouse Without Borders (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/project-details.aspx?project=mouse-without-borders) in the past.

I got annoyed with Teamviewer as it leaves a dialog box open when you close the connection. I quite liked Mouse Without Borders but in my next rebuild wanted to go for a hardware solution rather than another piece of software.

I have bought one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111680814953?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT which is a 4 port USB switch box. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will be simple and robust :)

H

FredK

Using a hard-wired KVM switch here for single keyboard/mouse control of 6 computers.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

blueskydriver

Also, I have an 8 KVM and 4 KVM hardwired switches in use, but they're outside the sim in the computer racks. Mainly, use them when sitting at the pullout keyboard/mouse and monitor in the rack for making updates too all the computers. Of course, I can do the same with tightVNC, but keeping the updates organized can get confusing.

I agree about TeamViewer, the dialog box is a annoyance, but I like it best when connecting with a Weather System computer at the local Airport where I fly RC planes...it's much easier.

The thing about both tightVNC and TeamViewer, I can use my iPads and iPhone 6S plus (the iPad app is Mocha VNC lite and Teamviewer for iPad/iPhone, just in case anyone wanted too know) to connect with the simulator computers, so no getting out of the cockpit for Gremlins when flying.

Also, I can connect to the Weather computer while being there at the airport; able to check wind speeds and directions at the field. Like a lot of smaller GA airports (mine is Y72 Bloyer Field), there is no weather system on the local field. The weather gets averaged and feed to a kiosk in the Flight Office via larger regional airports like KLSE and KVOK (Air Force base) along with DOT weather systems along the Interstate (I-90/94).

Which is not good for RC planes because of local area terrain and structures makng wind speeds much different...nothing like landing a 1/4 scale plane with a 10-15kt crosswind shooting through the long spaces of 4 Hangars...lol...you go from stable crab approach to an extreme crab and back to stable pretty quick. The plane makes it look like the pilot hasn't got a clue too what their doing; doing our club fun flies, it catches a lot of good pilots off guard.

Anyway, I will take a look at the Synergy program, but is there an iOS version of it as well? Also, how secure is it when using it for internet systems?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

Those products at the top are great products if you can see the screen, what John is describing is what we use to be able to see the screen behind the cockpit vessels that with those programs you can't, I'm using TeamViewer too.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate