Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

THINKING OF SWITCHING TO XP11

Started by mgovernali, March 01, 2017, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgovernali

Hello everyone - I have a couple of easy questions I hope. In my full size 747 pit, I have been using a highly modified FS9 platform, although beautiful, I am quickly running out of add-ons to buy for it. So, unimpressed by P3D - unless they put their 64 bit act together, I have been looking more and more at XP11, and I must say it has come a long way - and it is starting to look pretty impressive lately. Before taking the plunge however, I would like to make sure that It will do what I need it to do -so I would appreciate if you guys would be able to clarify a couple of things for me. Thank you in advance.
1) Does XPlane run in strictly 2-D panel mode so that I can undock the gauges from it?
2) Is undocking the gauges and moving them into their respective MIP windows/monitors a simple thing to do as it is in FS9/FSX or does it require some special software to do so?
3) Can I use FSUIPC in XPlane?
4) Since I fly the 747-400 exclusively, does XPlane have a good 747 plane/model?
5) does it allow add-ons such like Cockpit companion, Runway advisor, etc. to run?
That is I can think for now, but the thing I really need to know is question 1 and 2.
thank you guys much appreciated.
Marco 747 :idiot:

Garys

I don't think you will find any 747 builders here doing what your asking with xplane 11. Best way to go would be to use Aerowinx psx for the Avionics and Xview to use xplane 11 as a separate scenery generator.

Gary

mgovernali

Thank you Gary as always. But the undocking process should be the same - no matter what the plane they use, of course it does not have to be a 747, I just wanted to know if the undocking can be done from within XPlane as we do in FSX/FS9.
What are your plans by the way, are you waiting for P3d-64? or are you also considering Xplane? I did not like it before, but it is starting to look pretty decent - very good actually with just the default scenery. I tested the demo for a few days and I must say I am pretty impressed, especially with the un-even runways, it really adds a lot to the realism. thanks buddy, Marco.

Garys

Im happy with what I have. I wont be changing anytime soon.
If you have the demo then you should be able to play with it. The demo is exactly the same as a purchased copy except that it locks the flight controls after a few minutes. The displays continue to work.
http://www.x-plane.com/manuals/desktop/#configuringamulti-monitorsimulator

Cheers
Gary

mgovernali

I see. it sounds like I will have to stick with P3D once they go 64-bit. Thanks Gary.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate