Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
707 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 707
Total: 707

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Help with some measurements (737)

Started by Joe Lavery, March 29, 2017, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi Guys and Mrs Blueskydriver  :)

Can one of you tell me the measurement from the MIP face to the front of the glare wing?

I'm finally re-building my pit after two and a half years with it in storage while we moved house. I now have a dedicated room for it and I'm doing lots of improvements in the process. One of these is to install a new set of glare wings, which seem to be a little oversized so I need the actual measurement to check. I have some measurements from Open Cockpits and FDS but they all seem to differ, so the sizes from a real pit would be most helpful.

Sadly I still don't have enough room for a shell or for projectors, so I'm starting with three large TVs. I know it won't have the same immersion effect, but it will be a lot better than the three 19" monitors I had before.
I have nearly finished the plans for a new TQ and I'm halfway through a set of pedals as well, so it should all make for a better system.

Best to all,
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

navymustang

Try this, it was distributed by a fellow who's web site is no longer up and running.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Aerosim Solutions

MIP to front face of the MCP = 305mm or "1 foot" in prehistoric measurements!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

Thanks guys

Jim, I already have that file from I believe was Marcus Pilot, but most of that info is derived from a variety of different sources. I'm not sure how accurate it is.
I do appreciate you taking the time to post by the way.

Hi Gwyn hope everything is good with you, I'll drop you a mail tonight.

Thanks again
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate