Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WorldFlight 2022

Started by FredK, November 05, 2022, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

WorldFlight Team Virginia (UAL #1120) is participating again this year.

We will be live streaming this year from our website.

Check it out at:

www.worldflightvirginia.net
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

RayS

Fred,

Watched some of tonight's flights. I think that was Vince in the left seat? (About 9:30 PST) Then I saw you pop up on the flight deck.  :-) Sim is looking great and the crew was very professional. Will tune in again tomorrow.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Jason L

Yes I'd agree.  It has been fun to watch.  Pop it up on my side screen at work from time to time to catch a flight or two.  Thanks for doing this.

FredK

The Williamsburg Aviation Scholarship Program is WFV's charity beneficiary.  We involved some of the students in a few of our flights.  The following is the landing into Narsaruag Greenland the other day. The ladies at the controls did fine! Great experience for everyone involved!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

RayS

Fred I hope you all had a great time this year. As usual, it's always a bittersweet ending. I've been watching several teams this week. Hopefully DAL209 will return in 2023. :-)
Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

Yes...Hopefully DAL209 will return for next year.  Miss flying with the crew and miss seeing DAL209 in the air.  The thing is I have been sucked down the rabbit hole with UAL1120. So we will be in the WF air next year.  Running an official team is a lot of work and is tiresome.  By Wednesday I was questioning myself on the whole thing, but now I am missing it already.  So go figure.

Attached is a picture of ACA638 (Kyle) landing in Keflavik.

Fred KWorldFlight 2022 028.JPG

KyleH

Nice that you were able to include them in the event. Watched that video on Twitch, I liked Tim's comment before that clip: "What's worse than a pilot telling you what to do?....Three pilots telling you what to do."

QuoteAttached is a picture of ACA638 (Kyle) landing in Keflavik.

Awesome, thanks Fred!.

Here's UAL1120 on leg 2219, holding short of the runway, holding up the departure line because they weren't tuned to tower frequency who was trying to clear them to take off  :P
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

FredK

crazydunc

Quote from: FredK on November 12, 2022, 10:43:06 AMYes...Hopefully DAL209 will return for next year.  Miss flying with the crew and miss seeing DAL209 in the air.  The thing is I have been sucked down the rabbit hole with UAL1120. So we will be in the WF air next year.  Running an official team is a lot of work and is tiresome.  By Wednesday I was questioning myself on the whole thing, but now I am missing it already.  So go figure.

Attached is a picture of ACA638 (Kyle) landing in Keflavik.

Fred KWorldFlight 2022 028.JPG

Fred,

I know those feelings massively, its a huge amount of time, effort and money to pull together a WF Team. However, I Locked up the Sim yesterday afternoon and was immediately hit by an wave of sadness.

ts an amazing week. It was wonderful hearing you guys on Freq and seeing you around. Hope you all enjoyed the week

How did you find the Brios? We had no end-of-camera issues with the GoPros so am looking to switch.

- Dunc, NPT11W.
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

FredK

Dunc

The Brios worked very well, delivering the quality you can see in the streaming...not the very best quality, but good enough. Reliability was excellent.  Once we had it all set up, we never had to fiddle with anything the entire week, other than clicking on "Start Stream" when needed.

We found OBS to work better than Twitch Studio.

We were running at 720p with bitrate 4500kbs, preset "Quality", and Profill "High".  Any settings higher than that created problems with flickering etc.

What did help was the use of "Active" USB cables which we used on two of our longer feeds.  The shortest "Active" cable out there is 15 feet.  That was longer than we what we needed but performed much better than the shorter standard cable it replaced.

Fred K

crazydunc

Thanks Fred - Replaced the GoPros with Brios, works a lot better than needing to have Capture cards everywhere!

Hope WorldFlight recovery is going well!

Dunc
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate