Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Happy Holidays 2022!

Started by blueskydriver, December 07, 2022, 04:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

It's December already! Time just flies like crazy anymore (pun intended).

Thus, just wanna wish everyone Happy Holidays for 2022 a little early. Whatever holiday you celebrate, I wish you the best....

Beyond that, where is everyone? Please post more often about your project(s) or life in general. We're still a flight sim family  ;D

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Thanks John

And Yes!  Happy Holidays to Everyone and their Families.

May you all enjoy the rest of 2022, and the best of Luck in 2023!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Joe Lavery

May I also add my own good wishes to everyone here regardless of your own particular celebration preference.
After the last three years, I feel we are all lucky to be still here and able to celebrate at all. So have a great time with your friends and family and look forward to the new year and whatever Asobo have got in store for us.
Perhaps MSFS2020 may finally be the sim it's promised to be.  8)  ???  :D

On another related subject are you all aware that MSFS now has multi monitor support? It seems they finally listened to the cockpit builders around the world. It's not quite as complete as P3D but it works.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FredK

Best wishes for all in our cockpit building family here for a Joyous Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!

Comment on related subject mentioned...My understanding is that MSFS multi-channel is an issue for cockpit builders since you cannot lose the cockpit parts in the visuals. I have not tried it myself though.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Joe Lavery

Fred,
As I understand it, if you use the Prosim 737 model it doesn't display any of the cockpit components. Prosim has it's own instrument panels just like SimA.

But I must admit I haven't yet tried it.
That's (hopefully) going to happen over the holiday break. I'll keep you posted unless someone else has done it by then.

This is also worth a read, not completely up to date but gives a good insight.

https://www.737diysim.com/post/does-msfs-2020-fully-work-in-my-boeing-737-sim

Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

jskibo

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Philippines!
IMG_0378.jpg
Less than 4 years to retirement......

navymustang

I believe the basic price of Prosim does NOT include the panels. You have to purchase an upgrade. I could be wrong on that, the information is several years old.

My copies at work are all the upgraded commercial version, therefore they include the panels.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Joe Lavery

Quote from: navymustang on December 20, 2022, 08:20:48 AMI believe the basic price of Prosim does NOT include the panels. You have to purchase an upgrade. I could be wrong on that, the information is several years old.

As far as I know they only make one version for the 737 and it's a professional product that does come with all the panels. I think when they first stared they did a basic version, but I've never seen it.
The one I have is fully complete.

Joe.

navymustang

Joe, There are at least two versions I have in my shop. The one is the "standard" version, and ours does have the static panels. The other version includes support for the equipment bay LRUs and allows you to run diagnostics from the MCDU. The cost for that version is almost $50,000.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Joe Lavery

The one you speak of is the commercial version, which has those added elements for those who use the simulator for real world training etc.
But essentially they are still the same product. However I didn't realise it was that expensive!  :o

I reviewed ProSim 737 back in August and Hanne didn't mention any other version, but of course we were discussing what was available for the home user.
Which was why I said there was currently only one version. But I will ask him after the Holidays so I'm better informed in future.

Jason L

Yes, the enthusiast version which most of us have for 1500 euros + yearly subscription, and then there are 'several' (their words) variants of their professional line for training and other industries that have additional features.
The enthusiast one provides all the panels.
I think several years ago there was a cheaper version where you could buy the add-ons separately such as display, etc...but they merged it all together and increased the package price.

Jason L

Back on topic.....Merry Christmas to you all!

Joe Lavery

Quote from: Jason L on December 24, 2022, 07:21:19 AMBack on topic.....Merry Christmas to you all!
My apologies,  we do get carried away.... have a good one everyone!  :-[  8)  :)

sagrada737

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Mike and Carol
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

XOrionFE

Happy Holidays

Wishing you all the best in 2023
Scott

jackpilot

All the best to all the good people here!

Jack

Jack

dougsnow

I'm still around - my daughter is in 9th grade (how did that happen!), and we are going to New York City in April to see her school choir sing on Carnegie Hall Perelman Stage. I'm sure I won't have a dry eye that day...

Work is still work, I am now the current industry chairman of the A4A Operations Specifications Working Group; and I am also on the A4A Master MEL Industry Group, working on a couple of policy letter rewrites which will impact every aircraft type that has an MEL.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate