Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
138 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wanted: 737 FMC/CDU

Started by kenrosefire, December 25, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenrosefire

First of all Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone! With my newfound cash in hand I'm looking to pick up a new FMC to use with X-Plane. If anyone has one to sell, please let me know. Thank you!

Trevor Hale

Hey Ken,  Just about all of the hardware ones out there should work with Both..
Maybe you should just use Prepar3d though LOL <--- HA HA HA HA

Merry Christmas.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

kenrosefire

Quote from: Trevor Hale on December 25, 2018, 08:03:05 AM
Hey Ken,  Just about all of the hardware ones out there should work with Both..
Maybe you should just use Prepar3d though LOL <--- HA HA HA HA

Merry Christmas.
Trev

I would tell you all of the reasons why X-Plane is better but it's Christmas so I'll hold off for today ;)
But good to know, wasn't sure about all of them. Thanks!
-Gavin

bernard S

FMC   as in flight management computer or CDU ?

Trevor Hale

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

matta757

Quote from: Trevor Hale on December 29, 2018, 12:21:35 PM
He doesn't fly Airbus :)

Actually, Bernard is making a valid point. Boeing aircraft, not just Airbus, have both a flight management computer (FMC) AND a control display unit (CDU). Most of us use the term FMC to refer to the box we all type in to. But in reality, and anyone who has dealt with real simulator parts will know this, the FMC is actually the computer in the avionics bay that you program by use of the CDU.

kenrosefire

Didn't mean to start a debate :) From what's been said I am looking for a Boeing 737 CDU. Thanks for your input!

jackpilot

No debate just fun...most ads on EBay say.. ''FMC''   :D
Try EBay if you feel like interfacing a real one (which I do not recommend)

[ebay]233070002675[/ebay]

Jack

bernard S

was not a debate  was pointing out theres a difference because  if you wantrd an fmc   its not a simple excercise because you would require othet computers from the bay ..   as for programing a real cdu unit     problem.is the crt or lcd depending on part number  to be honest you best dropping the cash with fds and purchase pkug and play unit    sure it hss short falls imho compared to real ..but h.ell it gets job done nicely begrateful yiu doing b73  74   has x4 cdus

Joe Lavery

I agree with Bernard, I've recently bought 2 CDU's (FMC - just kidding Matt) from FDS and they are brilliant quality and plug and play with most simulators.
I guess it's nice to have real stuff and I have a few bits myself, but for most people the aftermarket or home made items represents an easier but perfectly satisfactory option.

:2cw:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

727737Nut

Real CDU's, just need 115V 400Hz ac power and the arinc card Jorg an I made and you are good to go.

FDS, not compatible with XPlane   DUMB on their part for sure as latest stats show x-plane catching p3d in popularity   Probably will pass them by this time next year with all the bigger name developers coming to x-plane. 

There is a hard way, and easy way, and a plug and play way.  Make a choice and stick to it.  You'll feel better in the end, if it ever comes.

(I want to add, I am not implying FDS is dumb on the broad range of simulation!, just not smart to blow off x-plane as it soon will surpass  all the others out there.)
737 Junkie

bernard S

rob    thats true bud    re powering them up simple enough ... i think issue is data management  depending how deep you want to go  ... but then i am using software that hates most things   those cdu pages are complex   then add cmc to it etc etc  not for faint of heart

jackpilot

Quote from: 727737Nut on January 01, 2019, 07:26:28 AM

FDS, not compatible with XPlane   DUMB on their part for sure

Maybe a few things on the pipeline could change your mind... :D

Jack

Trevor Hale

I think Ken is looking for an OC or Similar (Keyboard for programming his flight) <-- Whatever you feel like calling it today, And.... for the record, Every time Someone mentions the Term, FMC or CDU in this forum I expect each of you above to turn the persons Post into some mishmash of discussion of which piece they are actually looking for,  totally distracting from the reason the person is making their post.
Each and everyone here know what he wanted but you had to make the person feel like a dink.  Remember we are here to help people not correct them and make them feel like they are noobs.  Just re-read how this thread went to shit after someone just posted a wanted add for a keyboard to interface into their sim.
If you thought he meant FMC or CDU, next time Offer links to both and let them decide..  This is how we will turn this site into a ghost town.
Please don't over complicate things..
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

bernard S

wow i assume your post aimed at me      he said he wanted an FMC ... how do i know what his level.of experience is or how deep his pockets  ?   theres nothing complicated here they are two completely different  parts .. two completely different price points  two completely different skill sets   at end of day his question was answered and he learned a liitle more on the educational curve   so i dont see why you getting miffed    😁.. home builders want as close to real it gets  andvoften use terms  thats misused ..thecockpit is cold and dark    real world its either in an on state or off state my point is it helps to use correct terms /names for things 😁😁😁😁

MistyBlue

Personally I didn't see any insults thrown.  Just clearing up terminology which helps ensure we're all speaking the same language.  Sounds like it got the OP on the right track.  I know I would have appreciated that clarification when I was starting out  ;)

blueskydriver

Hi Gavin,

Might have a CDU that will work for you. It's black faced though, but it has a KE72 Keyboard Card. Thus, you would just get the keyboard key commands out of Xplane for each CDU key and you're good too go.

I used this CDU for years under FSX and it's all the same, just keyboard commands...

PM if you're interested.

John

If Gavin doesn't want to buy it, I'll post a Classified Ad later for it.  :idiot:
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Garys

LOL, I wouldn't get to strung up over using the correct acronyms. On the line we often see pilots write up that the FMC screen is blank or FMC button doesn't work. We know what they are talking about and we do here as well.

Most builders who are diving head first into the rabbit hole would ask specifically for the fmc box if that was what they were after. On here the fmc has always just meant the cdu and its been that way right from the very start of cockpit building. Why complicate things.

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

I did not mine, not sure if it got sold already or not. So, if someone can help Gavin out with buying/selling the Control Display Unit (CDU), I'd appreciate it. If I do find mine, I'll let you all know...

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Garys

I think we all know what he wants so no need to spell it out. Most important thing here is if it will work in xplane as not all manufactures support that platform.

https://geremy.co.uk/  has a vrinsight ii.  With interfaceing from xplane.org that could work

Nevermind, the interface looks like for the mcp only.

blueskydriver

Hey Gavin,

I am going to look for my CDU again for you...crossing my fingers!  :idiot:

John

blueskydriver

SOLD!!

Okay, I found it...hooray!

Here is what I have:

-The black CDU that is built up with the PS2 display and 2 Hagstrom I/O cards. (This can be back lit).

-The Hagstrom KE-72 Card that is already setup for FSX keyboard keys (It can be easily changed).

- extra buttons for changes

-The power supply for the display came from a computer PSU (not included).

-The PS2 cables for the KE-72

-An extra dummy CDU plate I am including with the deal.

Price is $300, plus shipping.

Kind Regards,

John

PS I included two pics for now, if you want more with measurements, let me know...

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I sold this CDU to Gavin. Just as a footnote, if you're looking for something that is needed for your project, posting a "Wanted Ad" is a real good thing too do.

Sometimes, there are members who have items just sitting around and going unused, but haven't thought about selling anything yet. Your wanted ad might be the cue for them to do it...

Kind Regards,

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate