Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
718 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 718
Total: 718

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New 737 rudder pedal assy

Started by astron, February 19, 2011, 07:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astron

Hey Guys, thought i would show you my rudder pedal assy we designed for the 737 were building,the pedal assy is based around using the real 737 pedals that we got from nick at aphs,  one of the key features is,the built in paralellogram,so that when the pedals are pushed fore and aft the angle of the pedals stay the same through out the entire motion. they also have separate toe brakes,and can be dual linked.another key feature which you cant see in the pictures,is the use of torrington bearings on both sides of the rudder arms and pivotal points,for ultra smooth action on the pedals. all of the major components were cut using my waterjet machine,so they are highly accurate, feel free to gleen any ideas off of these,and for those interested we may make a few more sets while we are waiting for our 737 dstd from fds. Also the red legs you see in the pics are only there to hold the unit up off the table, the main baseplate sits on top of the flightdeck floor,and the linkage connections sit below the floor, i also have a complete pdf assy manual im working on and would be glad to give it to the admin for uploading if they feel this is something you could use has many detailed pictures in it and an explanation of how things go together, feel free to email me at tbtransmission@gmail.com for more info.

take care,Tom

jskibo

Very impressive. Looks really well designed and built!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

astron

Thanks John, they are all steel construction,no glitz or glammer here,but fully functional and super smooth action on the pedals.

Kennair

Really simple design Tom, ideal for home builders by the looks.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

astron

Hi Ken, well i like to call them simple yet complex,the complex part comes in cutting the parts out, i have to design things around the type of machinery i have which is the waterjet machine,so we need to make things out of flat parts to begin with, the method for building this piece here is what i call the old slot and tab method,everything goes together like a jigsaw puzzle,but has to be very accurate or it wont fit together, the other thing is that there are no adjustments to be made,such as where the pedals will stop,or the toebrakes will stop it was all measured into the design,those are all the little things you have to figure out along the way,im sure Gwyn can attest to that, it seems like you always throw away a few pieces of metal before you get it right.

Anyway on another note ive had several emails asking about the pdf assy manual,and im working on it as we speak,i can certainly mail it to all who want it however it might be better if the admin could upload it here some where, as im not sure where to put it,or if i can even upload a pdf to the site? any help there would be appreciated.

Anyway thanks again guys,take care for now,Tom

jskibo

Seems like a nice business opportunity for you :)

When does the assembly line open?  :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

astron

Hi John,well thats part of the problem,the assembly line is me.  we already have a couple guys that want these things,its much easier for me to cut out 5 or 6 sets at a time and more cost effective then to do them one at a time, loading and unloading material off the machine can be a pain,we can cut a full 4X8' sheet of whatever material at one time and as many parts as you can put on that sheet,then its more cost effective and we can offer these at a reasonable price. we will just have to see how it goes, and i have finished the pdf assy manual for anyone who wants it just email me.

take care regards,Tom

carlos hermida

Looks great Astron !

Thanks for sharing.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate