Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
727 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Barettaj's Jet Simulator

Started by barettaj, April 13, 2011, 04:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barettaj

I am starting to build a simulator that will be based off of a mix between a crj and 737. I have one quick question tho.
Will this http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_16&products_id=65 allow me too asign one lever for flaps and one for speedbrake?

blueskydriver

Welcome to the club Barettaj. Yes, you can program the CH yoke to do what you want, but suggest you get FSUIPC software by Peter Dowson, if you want it too work right...
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

barettaj

Quick sketchup of the sim on cad just to get a general idea, the table on the left will house computers

barettaj

Ok after reading some threads i plan on using a laptop and desktop and network them together(i have played fsx on the laptop for years and rarely have freezeups) I hope to run external views off of the desktop and then run fsxpand off the laptop. Is this do able? and wat hardware would i neeed other than wideview?

barettaj

Alright Started building today but didn't get much done. I do tho have a quick question. Have any of u guys used the VRINSIGHT CDU and MCP COMBO? Do they work well? OR if any of you have one you would like to sell i would happily take it off your hands for a fair price :) Will post pics tonight but here is my list in order of importance Please tell me if you see any issues
Saitek Yoke with throttle $131
Fsuipc with Wideview and networking hardware $60 (Still need help understanding how to wire them together. through a router i believe?)
FSXPAND or ProSIM737 $free or 75
VRINSight MCP COmbo $450
CDU 1 $300
Overhead $200
Rudder $120
Thanks for any help

jskibo

Though I have no first hand experience with the VRinsight gear, I have heard nothing good about them, only negative.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

jackpilot

Quote from: barettaj on April 13, 2011, 04:41:52 PM
Quick sketchup of the sim on cad just to get a general idea, the table on the left will house computers

Just an idea but you may also consider building a Main Instrument Panel and a structure which will end up looking more closely like a Jet aircraft cockpit.
There are many ways to achieve that, here is one , fairly simple, made out of MDF or Plywood.

You can adjust the dimensions to your available space., knowing that a dual seater,  even a narrow one, looks always better and more realistic than a "half cockpit" (and allows friends to sit next to you)
Just remember that the main shelf must not be higher than 20" max so that you look DOWN at your instruments and STRAIGHT at your outside view.
Later you can also add a slanted top shelf to house the MCP/EFIS Glareshield

Also check
http://www.aerosoft.com.au/home/home.html
Very serious soft for only $AU 70
Also  http://www.opencockpits.com/index.php?newlang=english
A good source of budget hardware

Jack

barettaj

Thanks Jack but unfortunately my space is 5 feet wide and 4 feet deep so a dual seater would be hard. Thanks for the dimensions thou i will be using that
Ill post picks later
Thanks,
jules

jackpilot

Jack

fsaviator

Quote from: barettaj on April 17, 2011, 06:08:56 AM
Thanks Jack but unfortunately my space is 5 feet wide and 4 feet deep so a dual seater would be hard. Thanks for the dimensions thou i will be using that
Ill post picks later
Thanks,
jules
What dimensions are you using for the MIP?  Here's my MIP that I built out of MDF.  The Panels are from FDS.  Width counting the MDF is 1549mm or 5ft 1in.

If all you're looking for is a front view, realistic MIP simulator,  you can fit it in your 5 foot wide space.  Your only limitations will be with the depth of four feet.  Even that will get you to the back of the seats.

I would recommend downloading Google Sketchup and playing with it.  It's amazing how easily you can create mockups of your build with a few hours time invested in learning it.

Hope this helps give some ideas. 
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

barettaj

barettaj

Just received my Go Flight MCP but it will not work, just shows a c on the alt display. Any ideas?

gpawood

Might be a little late, but I do have the VRI MCP Combo and CDU II and they both work very good.  I have been able to get both to work with every aircraft I have loaded, freeware and payware.  The CDU II is amazing and makes the sim so much more fun to use and at half to a fraction of other MCPs, the MCP was well worth the cost.
Good luck with your build and have fun.
tommie c

shaneb

Do you have the USB connected straight to the computer or a powered USB hub.  I had a problem with one of their products due to not having it connected to a powered USB. . . just in case this is the problem.

Also, not sure if this is your first module from GF but if it is did you download the software from their site? Here is the link.   Hope it is something simple . . I've had good luck with their products in my generic sim.

http://www.goflightinc.com/software.shtml#current
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

mikeh

Have VRInsight CDU and all works great - had to work at getting the keys all set up but no probs here
ATR72 build project

barettaj

Well back to the drawing board, my server computer is asking for a activation key which i do not have and is not available due to xp being 'obsolete'.
If anybody would like a great client computer and is willing to reinstall the os i would be willing to let go of it for a very small amount<200$

Now,
I have 1000 dollars to spend on a computer. any suggestions?
also dumb question but could the server computer be win 7 and the client be windows xp?

barettaj

Well i bit the bullet and ordered the parts for my new computer build
Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 ghx
1.5 tb western digital hardrive
8gm ram
EVGA 01G-P3-1372-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate