Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
493 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 493
Total: 493

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Primary 6 Desktop Flight Simulator

Started by RojanTrojan, August 27, 2010, 11:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RojanTrojan

I thought I would move myself out of the "New here? Introduce yourself" section. I'm building a generic flight simulator based on a C172 that targets the 6 primary instruments as well as ignition, lighting and a Saitek radio. I've now assembled the case built out of MDF and threaded rod. This is the bare skeleton that will hold my acrylic panels. Next stage will be to coat it in primer and paint it white. It will then be draped with sheet aluminium, which will be also painted white.

Cheers

Rhydian   

Bob Reed

Very nice work. Yes you no longer need to be new here........

XOrionFE

Looks great.   Can see you really pay attention to detail.   That should turn into one nice GA pit.   I look forward to seeing your progress.  Keep the pictures coming!

Scott

jackpilot

Which software do you use?

I built a trainer for a Flightschool a good while ago and used the Project Magenta black GA .
Superb graphics , super smooth instruments and easy to place and size. Way less expensive than the glass cockpits. A two computers network doing all the work vey smoothly.

just for info.
JP

Jack

RojanTrojan

Quote from: jackpilot on August 28, 2010, 05:22:15 AM
Which software do you use?

I built a trainer for a Flightschool a good while ago and used the Project Magenta black GA .
Superb graphics , super smooth instruments and easy to place and size. Way less expensive than the glass cockpits. A two computers network doing all the work vey smoothly.

just for info.
JP

Hi Jack,

I use simkits instruments for the left hand side so it would be their TRC software that runs all the instruments. I must admit they aren't the smoothest on the planet, but beautifully built and blimey they are very expensive to buy! I have seen a video of GA build (Steve1970 on Mycockpit.org) using a screen for the instruments, which I am guessing is the PMGA software. I envy how smooth they run.

I am in the process of designing another project after this one finishes. (I can't get enough of pit building). I am doing a mini rendition of a Diamond DA-40 with Project Magenta's GAGC software.  I have to say It works out much cheaper than using Simkits' instruments.

Cheers

Rhydian

jackpilot

Flightillusion instrument do not use servos and are smoother but when the graphics are good (PM or REalityXP) a full screen of them is cheaper, easier and finally as realistic.

Jack

RojanTrojan

I'm starting to cover the case in 1.2mm sheet aluminium. Once the pieces have been "bolted" to the MDF frame with machine screws it's off to get powder coat painted a nice white colour.

My work collauges keep joking around, saying that I am making a microwave! I have to admit it is rather similar. I'm not sure how well my sim can heat soup though. Perhaps i'll give it a try...  :laugh:

Cheers

Rhydian

RojanTrojan

Some updated photos of my project. Aluminium case is almost complete. Just needs to get powder coating and then I have to move onto the wiring and testing....that'll be fun!

Rhydian

NAX228

Good work!
Nice compact cockpit you got there.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

XOrionFE

RojanTrojan

Almost complete. Just need to add a couple of decals and I'm done.

Cheers

Rhydian

http://www.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com/

Maurice

Great work. That's going to be a sweet 172 simulator indeed. Will be a lot fun when completed.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

For a "microwave oven " it is a very sexy one for sure....very very nice meticulous panel!!!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate