Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
572 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS sees the USB device, but FSUIPC doesnt

Started by ETomlin, December 08, 2010, 11:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETomlin

Ever plug in a USB device (Ch pedals in this case) and FS see the device but for some reason FSUIPC doesnt? I have 2 CH yokes and 1 CH pedal set plugged in and working and I added a 2nd set of pedals and FSUIPC wont detect them. Ideas?

thanks!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

autocadplease

Are they showing up in the "device manager"? I used to have problems with my CH pedals. I needed to open up the game controller properties in Win XP every time in order for them to work. Also, did you use the scan button (while moving the pedals) within FSUIPC to try to get them recognized? Again, it has worked for me in the past.
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

ETomlin

Hey Grant

Well, as I said FS9 sees them when Controllers are enabled, but when disabling them in FS, FSUIPC doesnt pick them up. I like to run all my hardware disabled in FS for the FSUIPC calibration advantages. Not sure what's going on but I will check what you mention asap.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

ETomlin

Unfortunately, I am unable to get these guys to work. For whatever reason, FS will see them if the Joystick is Enabled in FS. FSUIPC wont see it move at all. Just tried again for another 30 minutes. Strange, and disapointing.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

blueskydriver

edit
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ETomlin

Quote from: jkcombs on December 08, 2010, 09:15:57 PM
Eric,

Check your FSUIPC controllers listings in the FSUIPC.ini file. If you had any of these yokes or pedals plugged in before, the FSUIPC.ini file could have identified them in the [Buttons] and [Axes] locations, and now because of Windows it's misidentifying them.

You'll find the FSUIPC.ini in the modules folder within FS9 or FSX. In that file, under the [Buttons] and [Axes], you could see P1, P2, H2, U2 under Buttons and 0R, 0U, 0V, 0T, 0X and others with numbers of 1, 2 or 3 in front of them, but similar letters under the Axes. These are the identifiers for your yokes, pedals, joysticks and etc (controllers).

There are two ways to fix this; 1. delete your FSUIPC.ini file and let FSUIPC create a new one, afterwards you will have to reprogram everything within FSUIPC (the usual way). 2. You could try to determine which controller goes to what number and match them up correctly (if they're mismatched).

I suggest the number 1 method and start over...

John

Oh...the agony....I bet $1 and a cold Coca cola that the joker wouldnt be seen after deleting the FSUIPC file and then I'd be reprogramming everything. There is a ton of stuff programmed, and the thought of it is nearly heart stopping.

I suppose I can copy the current file and set it to a safe place, delete the file in its proper folder, and let it rebuild just to test and if it doesnt catch it then I could replace that one with the saved file, right?

BTW, thanks guys. Just a bit frustrated as Ive never seen this before personally.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

Bob Reed

This is one of the biggest frustrations of using FS in our sims. You have some time and all you want to do is sit down to fly and bam... You spend the next 4 days chasing a problem. This has driven me to almost give up at times. Bunch of friends on the online server and I am not flying I am working on fixing a problem that was not there the night before. I think you all know what I am talking about.

blueskydriver

edit
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ETomlin

Thanks everyone. I think it's fixed now. I move the device into the USB hub that the other CH products are in and restarted FS and checked the FSUIPC.ini and it was there. To my delight, it was also being read by FSUIPC within the sim, so I believe it's fixed now.

Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate