Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
575 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 575
Total: 575

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flickering...

Started by jackpilot, January 11, 2011, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

...yeah like my memory.
As I project a 4'X8' image in full screen I noticed  annoying flickering of some small scenery objects, I found a way to eliminate it but this was long ago. Do not remember which setting to play with.
Please  "refresh"
Thanks

Jack

NeoMorph

For such a mature product you would have thought that they would have eliminated texture popup and even scenery popups. When the weather changes it's like someone flips a switch and it goes from thunderstorm to bright sunny day in a split second.

But like Jack says... the flickering is annoying as hell.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

jackpilot

It is a great product and I love it.
My question is which of the display sliders or Nvidia setting helps to eliminate most of it.

Jack

NeoMorph

*Deleted By User*

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Garys

Dont know if you have done any computer or driver upgrades but if your using a recent Nvidia driver then Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering is broken in FSX and FS9 and require software called Nhancer or Nvidia Inspector for the latest and greatest drivers. If not then those are what you want to play with in the usual nvidia console. Also mip mapping can causing shimmering if its set to high on some systems.

jackpilot

Thanks a ton will test and report..so many things...its a game and fun but at some point the bucket reads full  !!

Jack

NeoMorph

NHancer doesn't work but nVidia Inspector does...

Go to http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html and use those settings and it DOES clear the flickering textures. I know it says nhancer settings but they are the settings for nVidia Inspector heh.

It's improved my FSX picture quality tenfold...

Garys

Thanks for the Link. NickN is a genious. Hope this fixes your problem Jack.

NeoMorph

Thank YOU Gary... I wouldn't have thought of using that utility to solve flickering textures.

Just spent a great session flying and not a flicker in sight. It's even smoothed out the weather problems I was having.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate