Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
493 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 493
Total: 493

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Crazy but fun..

Started by jackpilot, January 24, 2011, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

(As good as VHHH)  :laugh:

Boeing Field to Tacoma .
Both airports are a few miles away from each other.

Line up at Boeing Field (Washington State , Seattle) Runway13R. Easier at night with runway rabbits.
Flaps 10 or 15
Half tanks
Take off N1 85% keep gear down
Once at V2 and 400 feet AGL bank right some 20° and then straightand level max 2000 feet.
Keep speed under 150Kt/ Flaps accordingly
Shoot for Runway 16R at Tacoma , slightly on your left.
Things happen VERY FAST.
16R is fairly long but you will have to stand upright on the brakes!

Took me a few to make a smooth one.
ENJOY   :D

Jack

NAX228

Another crazy approach. I did this one in the 737 sim at Oxford a few years ago. It was the instructor that told me how to do it, and it had obviously been done many times before.
Line up on ENGM rw 01R, light weight, 10-15 flaps. "floor em'" and take off. Short after TO, bank hard to the left and make an S turn to land on 01L after knifeedging past the controll tower. Heavy use of trim needed!

Also did some funny Hammerheads (Stall Turn) directly after TO in Ivars sim last fall. With the 220 degree view it was really fun.
First time I tried that trick was also in an full sim at Oxford. That time I didn't make it, and I'm sure I know how it feels to die by crashing a 737 :D That was my first time in those sims, and the environment tricked me to forget i was not in the *REAL* world. hehe.. The girl on the jumpseat screamed :O
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

jackpilot

Well, I tried it.
This needs to be performed by aerobatic airliner pilots.... banking has to be Harder than Hard!!! My stint is a piece of cake vs this one!!!

Good clean fun, NGH! :laugh:

Jack

NAX228

Good going Jack.
Additional info of the last one i mentioned, was that you take off but imideatly level out and retrackt the gears to build speed. At 300 kn you pull the stick and goes into a vertical climb until the aircraft loose all speed. Set thrust to idle and apply full rudder. Adjust with ailerons till your'e nose down... stright down.
Extend gears and all the flaps you can afford to touch down from the opposite runway from where you just took off.
Not realistic... but great fun, especial in a enclosed sim with surrounding view.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

jackpilot

WIlco !! :D
Doable with a Pitts!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate