Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
503 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 503
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Visits to my 737 sim, Flight Pictures, and Videos

Started by XOrionFE, January 29, 2011, 05:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

I am starting this new thread as kind of a place to highlight visits to my simulator, special pictures of the cockpit, or links to videos of flights I make rather than having as part of a specific build section.   

Last weekend I was very fortunate to have a visit from Roberto (aka Jetpilot) from Iowa.    Roberto has a real 737 cockpit that he is converting and you probably saw his pictures recently.   Anyway, my brother was over as well and we had a great time in between watching my 3 4yr olds and eating pizza.     Here is a picture of Roberto flying the sim doing some approaches into KSFO with my brother looking on and assisting as FO.

As a side note I decided that it would be very cool to have a logbook dedicated to the sim so I purchased a nice Jeppesson pilot/aircraft logbook and in the back I am using the Remarks pages for a Simulator Guest list.     I plan on having guests log their visits and Roberto was kind enough to be the first entry.     I plan on logging every "real" flight.    I thought this would be really cool to look back on and will also help me keep track of all the friends I meet that come over and have some fun in the sim.

Great fun.   That is what this hobby is all about to me.   Flying, good friends, and FUN!
Scott

Maurice

Man that looks great!  Looking forward to more videos as this only helps re-kindle the flame when it goes out due to severe crosswinds buffeting the simulator and making your life miserable. Helps to keep you on the localizer and live to build another day  :)

And how else would you have such a common interest & make many friends all over the world?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

MLeavy737

That looks like a at time! And a great idea with the logbook! I sure hope to visit someday and make an entry into the log :)

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jetpilot

Hy Guys,
I just want to say that Scott is not only a great builder and sim Pilot, but a true gentleman and host. Scott thank you for opening the doors of your home to me. Looking forward to flight together again
Roberto

Emesis

Scott,

Looks like you're making fantastic progress.  Were you going to post a video?

Cheers,
Rand

XOrionFE

Thanks all.

NEW VIDEO BELOW...

Here is a short clip from this last Saturday night.   I had Don and CP over and we did a flight from Denver to Salt Lake City with Don acting as Captain, CP as FO, and yours truly as videographer!    This was Don's approach brief as we were coming into Salt Lake City.    Notice the interruptions of ATC (Radar Contact) and CP handling the radio calls.    Much like real life!    We were having some issues with software and there are still kinks that we are working out and unfortunately the sim crashed just as we were about to do the final vectors to approach but we still had a good time.   I have other video from this that I will post but having some issues with my video editing software so stay tuned.   

Thank you Don and CP!
Scott

http://youtu.be/54UfOgIe5E0

dharrison

Scott,

Thanks for posting this, it was a real treat to fly the sim with an FO. (Thanks CP) Really looking forward to getting the bugs worked out of Sim-A so we can enjoy the experience even more. Will be really helpful to have VNAV working properly so that we can not worry about the extreme descent that you saw in the video. Had to switch to VS to manage it manually.

Looks like I need to brush up on my approach breifing skillz!!!

Don

XOrionFE

In addition to that video my brother just posted one that he took while over the week before last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iujaKncjg

Scott

blueskydriver

Scott,

If you're having problems with the sound files of "Don't Sink" or others like this (heard in your video), even though you're not sinking or doing what the sound file suggests, you can go into the FSX folders for sound and just rename the file name so it won't play.

If you're using PMSounds and getting this, just uncheck the repeating sound file in PM Sounds List.

Mainly, this sounds like FSX doing this and it's an error I believe from using PMDG 737NG for FS9 in FSX...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Thank you,

Actually the video you heard that in was from two weeks ago before I had everything interfaced on the mip and also that was from flying so low without gear down for the most part.   I am using the default 737 in FSX right now along with Sim-A Sounds.   Sorry for it being so annoying on that video.  The sim wasnt quite finished on mip functions and my brother filmed that while visiting.    It seems to be reacting the way it should now.   

Scott

jackpilot

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 31, 2011, 08:22:19 PM
Scott,

If you're having problems with the sound files of "Don't Sink" or others like this (heard in your video), even though you're not sinking or doing what the sound file suggests, you can go into the FSX folders for sound and just rename the file name so it won't play.

If you're using PMSounds and getting this, just uncheck the repeating sound file in PM Sounds List.

Mainly, this sounds like FSX doing this and it's an error I believe from using PMDG 737NG for FS9 in FSX...

BSD

This is fairly recent, some other waves come at the wrong moment, PMSound bugs since last but one version. The new build is supposed to correct it I think. Not yet tried.

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate