Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
514 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

NDB can still save the day!

Started by jackpilot, January 29, 2011, 08:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Following an interesting post on NDB being phased out, here is a copy of this month Canadian Safety Letter.
Even if our Sims are not subject to that kind of Error, reading this letter is interesting from a procedural point of view when selecting the AP functions on Approach.
Enjoy
JP

Jack

NeoMorph

Quote from: jackpilot on January 29, 2011, 08:30:09 AM
Following an interesting post on NDB being phased out, here is a copy of this month Canadian Safety Letter.
Even if our Sims are not subject to that kind of Error, reading this letter is interesting from a procedural point of view when selecting the AP functions on Approach.
Enjoy
JP

I just spent about 2 hours trying to figure out why the hell my bog standard 737 kept going way off course when I clicked the app button on the autopilot. It was like the approach system was locking onto another beacon like in that article... I just could not figure out why the glideslope would not lock onto Heathrow approach. NAV was set correctly, CRS was spot on for the runway, everything was setup like I normally do.. Still the darn thing would go wizzing off on a wild goose chase.

So I tried making the GPS system navigate to the runway instead of using the approach system... worked OK but no glideslope of course...

Then I finally figured it out... I had forgotten to flick the switch selector switch from GPS to NAV. DOH! Just that one switch and the darn plane goes mental... Just goes to show, checklists are there for a reason!

I used to have poor short term memory but I'm... what was I talking about again???
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate