Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
497 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 501
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

So How Much Have You Spent On Your Obsce... Hobby.

Started by NeoMorph, January 31, 2011, 12:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

I've hardly even started and I've spent nearly £2000 and I am guessing I'm really on the cheap end of the market. Some of you guys have jaw dropping simulators that I would give and arm and a leg to own but I'm guessing that you could probably by a new car for what some of you are putting into this hobby.

It sneaks up on you too... I only bought FSX Gold because it was cheap... I didn't realise the "Gold" bit in the title meant that is what was needed to continue with the hobby. No matter what MS classes this software under, a game it is not!
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Sean

If I answered that question, I'd scare myself into quitting! Plus my wife may stumble across this thread.

NeoMorph

Quote from: sean nixon on January 31, 2011, 12:11:49 PM
If I answered that question, I'd scare myself into quitting! Plus my wife may stumble across this thread.

I have to admit I lost several girlfriends because of my computer addictions... This is probably 100x worse...  :o

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

carlos hermida

727737Nut

737 Junkie

jskibo

It's like having a seventh child at Harvard now  ;)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

NeoMorph

Heheh...

Here is a translation...

Not Much Really = "Please don't let the wife know I maxed out the credit card on my motorised throttle"
Well... errr = "That front of a 737 that was sawn off a real plane was a bargain... honest!"
No Comment = "ohmygodohmygod... did I really spend that much?"

If your wife/husband/partner asks how much you have spent just say "...but I'm just doing it in case I'm on a plane and the pilot and co-pilot come down with food poisoning and I have to take over the plane!" - Simple really. It's just for safety purposes.

Garys

NeoMorph

I just wonder how much the guys who are including motion in their sims are spending.

Bet the price of the sims goes up when everyone starts going 3D...

jackpilot

Quote from: XOrionFE on January 31, 2011, 12:58:36 PM
no comment
Quote from: carlos hermida on January 31, 2011, 01:31:30 PM
as Scott said, no comment too...

Not sure what you think guys, but if you had been "de-iced" twice, you probably would agree with me that a Sim remains a very enjoyable and relatively safe and inexpensive venture.   :laugh:

Jack

Emesis

De-iced that's funny! :laugh:

Luckily I've only been de-iced once and never made that mistake again.
Also reminds me of what my Dad used to say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk free?"

Should of listened to his advice, but had to learn the hard way.  :-[

Rand

jackpilot

Jack

NeoMorph

Quote from: jackpilot on January 31, 2011, 05:27:28 PM

Not sure what you think guys, but if you had been "de-iced" twice, you probably would agree with me that a Sim remains a very enjoyable and relatively safe and inexpensive venture.   :laugh:

Inexpensive????  :o

Your real name isn't Bill Gates is it?  ???

Oh and I have found that relatively safe is not true for me... I went flying this afternoon and really enjoyed it. As I don't have any pedals atm I didn't have anything for my feet to do... So when I finished and shut everything down I stood up and then fell flat on my face because my legs had totally gone to sleep. Took me about 10 minutes to get enough circulation in them to get up again with me all the time saying "Oh bother... drat... blast!" or words to that effect.

It's surprising how much concentration goes into flying an ILS approach while your plane is getting thrown all over the place. This is one reason why I can justify the expense... it takes my mind off the pain. Much better than all the drugs I have to take to exist normally.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate