Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
505 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 505
Total: 505

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Oterra - environment simulator

Started by NAX228, February 02, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAX228

Came across a post abot this new simulator engine and it looks really promising. Maybe my dream about having trains, boats, plains etc etc in the same simulator will come true in a few years.
Take a look at the Outerra website:

www.outerra.com
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Efe

I like how the texture isn't perfect. A lot of instances you'll have textures showing this amazing grass without any imperfections or rough patches of earth showing up and that for me kills the realism.

NeoMorph

Some of my friends take the mick out of my Flight Simulator obsession because they can't understand it. I understand where they are coming from but there is one type of simulator that I feel the same way they do...

TRUCK SIMULATORS.

I can understand train sims, I love flight sims.  I can even see some fun in boat sims... but Truck Simulators?

And then the other day I came across one that even makes Truck Sims seem awesome....

http://www.citybussimulator.com/index.php?id=265&L=1

Give me Flight Simulator (or MS FLIGHT now) every darned time. But that integrated system sounds great. I still remember there was going to be this war simulator that allowed you to have a combat flight simulator (not the MS one) mixed with a first person shooter to allow cross service war games. I think it was going to be done by Digital Image Designs to merge F22 Air Dominance Fighter with ground forces.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

NAX228

I have enjoyed ShipSim earlier, but the lack of online functionality led me off. I have also had some fun in the crane simulator, but really feel that i needed two joysticks to take the experiance any further, and I'm not THAT into it.
Nowadays I see friends posting pics from FarmSimulator. Don't think I will get into that though. TrainSim I would like to try and I wonder if they have any form of online action, but I don't think I will make a train cockpit :D Do they do that?
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

NeoMorph

Quote from: NAX228 on February 04, 2011, 11:49:12 PM
TrainSim I would like to try and I wonder if they have any form of online action, but I don't think I will make a train cockpit :D Do they do that?
You mean like this?...
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate