Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
365 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 365
Total: 365

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

For 777 Guys...and others!

Started by jackpilot, February 04, 2011, 09:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Jack

NeoMorph

Cool... if a bit blurry.

One thing always makes me wonder when I see the 777 centre stand... Why the heck does it have THREE MCDU units?
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

matta757

Quote from: NeoMorph on February 04, 2011, 08:33:07 PM
Cool... if a bit blurry.

One thing always makes me wonder when I see the 777 centre stand... Why the heck does it have THREE MCDU units?

I believe, as is the case with many aircraft (mostly long haulers), that the third MCDU in the center pedestal by the radio stacks is used for ACARS communications, but I could be wrong.

Garys

Its definately a backup, but can be used for ACARS and such but I think it depends on the Airline.  As I know it - its mainly used for maintenance. I dont know about the 777 as Ive never worked on one but the 747 has one down in the main electrical bay as well.

fdspcos

I have the photographer coming back on Sunday with a higher capability camera. We'll see how that does. Our goal was to help people see how complete these devices are when we build to this spec. We'll do all the types we offer as we build. A320 is next with a new "ADV" version in build now.
You have to be a real B747 guy to know about the fourth CDU down below! Nice one Gary!
PC
Flightdeck Solutions

NeoMorph

I thought the 3rd one was used to play Mario Bros on...  ;)

I was looking at this guys FDS 320 pics last night and wondered when he was going to finish it... For some reason it just looks... incomplete... without huge control columns heh. At least you don't have to have seats with the crotch area cut out.

The more I look at FDS kit, the more I'm impressed with it.

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

jskibo

Quote from: NeoMorph on February 07, 2011, 02:24:11 AM

The more I look at FDS kit, the more I'm impressed with it.

Was smiling all weekend building mine......

Don't do it! It caused me to rush out and order more stuff too :)  My wallet won't talk to me anymore, but I just needed one of those shiney new CDU's to fill a hole!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

NeoMorph

I'm going to have to have custom built CDU I think... ATR 72-500's have a different layout to normal CDU's. I'm just hoping that Ruscool will come through and build me one.

fdspcos

Guys,
We finalized the Panoramic Shot of our B777 FBPT and the Hi-Res version is now posted.
Really shows the detail that we are hitting when we aim high!
PC

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/pcupload/B777-3D-2.swf

jskibo

WOW!  That looks incredible.

....and those fluffy sheepskins!!!!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

I would have no trouble believing this picture came from a multi million dollar CAE simulator had I not seen it & flown it at FDS. This is truly the standard by which all other non multi million dollars simulators should be measured. :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Jetcos

All 3 CDU's will function perfectly. Sim-Avionics have done a great job getting all the 777 features working. Mark has many of the 777 and 737 avionics and systems.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate