Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
507 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits... VERY Prompt Delivery

Started by NeoMorph, February 11, 2011, 03:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

So I ordered some bits from OpenCockpits day before yesterday... I just got a knock on my door and the bits have arrived already! 49 hours from Spain to the UK including one day to get the parcel ready. In fact the parcel only got picked up by DHL yesterday just after 3pm and arrived here at 12:30am. Less than 24 hours.

So how the hell can a parcel I ordered from a shop in the UK take 5 days to reach me heh. Mind boggling.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Sean

Worse again, how can a payment I make through online banking take 3-4 days, yet paypal can do it instantly?!? No wonder they set a limit on the faster payment scheme.

So come on, tell us. What did you get?  ;D

ETomlin

Quote from: NeoMorph on February 11, 2011, 03:27:23 AM
So I ordered some bits from OpenCockpits day before yesterday... I just got a knock on my door and the bits have arrived already! 49 hours from Spain to the UK including one day to get the parcel ready. In fact the parcel only got picked up by DHL yesterday just after 3pm and arrived here at 12:30am. Less than 24 hours.

So how the hell can a parcel I ordered from a shop in the UK take 5 days to reach me heh. Mind boggling.

Sounds like the bloke who you ordered from was on his way out the door on the way to post some items to another customer when your order dinged on his blackberry, causing him to turn around, drop your requested items into a 2nd box, and then continue his trip down the street to the post office :-)

Other than that, I have no idea how that happened so quickly!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

bussgarfield

John,
Hate to put a damper on things but when I lived in the UK, I ordered most if not all of my panels and plug-ins from OpenCockpits before moving to Spain (and before you say why order them from Spain for delivery to the UK if you can wait till you get to Spain - have you come across the Spanish internal postal charges !!!!) and some arrived within 2 days but the majority arrived within 2 - 3 weeks and one necessitated an email to verify the order had gone through.

That said, great company to deal with and great products.

Like Sean asked - what did you order?

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

You get what you pay for! Use the DHL option and very quick delivery but at a price. Use the Spanish Correos, a bit hit and miss but ok if your not in a hurry - much cheaper though

NeoMorph

Yeah, I used the DHL option as I hate not having a tracking number to see when have to wait in for the parcel.

I only bought a USB LED output board and a knob for the MIP... The knob isn't back lit compatible unfortunately but hey, you get what you pay for. I will probably be getting a whole load of OC boards in the summer... I just wanted a test to see how the delivery service was from OC. Guess the answer is "rather quick if you uses DHL. I was honestly expecting sometime next week.

Here is the journey my stuff made...

QuoteFriday, February 11, 2011    Location    Time

14    Delivered - Signed for by : XXXXX    BIRMINGHAM - UK    12:32

13    With delivery courier    BIRMINGHAM - UK    08:26    

12    Arrived at Delivery Facility in BIRMINGHAM - UK    BIRMINGHAM - UK    06:18    

11    Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK    EAST MIDLANDS - UK    05:31    

10    Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK    EAST MIDLANDS - UK    04:45    

9    Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK    EAST MIDLANDS - UK    03:55    

8    Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUM    BRUSSELS - BELGIUM    02:40    

7    Transferred through BRUSSELS - BELGIUM    BRUSSELS - BELGIUM    02:37    

Thursday, February 10, 2011    Location    Time    

6    Departed Facility in VITORIA - SPAIN    VITORIA - SPAIN    23:16    

5    Processed at VITORIA - SPAIN    VITORIA - SPAIN    22:42    

4    Arrived at Sort Facility VITORIA - SPAIN    VITORIA - SPAIN    22:01    

3    Departed Facility in SEVILLA - SPAIN    SEVILLA - SPAIN    20:38    

2    Processed at SEVILLA - SPAIN    SEVILLA - SPAIN    18:19    

1    Shipment picked up    SEVILLA - SPAIN    15:09    

Yup, we really are in the 21st Century heh.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Joe Lavery

I had a similar experienec with Oen Cockpits last week. Some time last August I ordered an FMC kit to turn my dummy copilot's Open Cockpits FMC into a working one. The trouble was I didn't really bother to check the bits when they arrived.  :-[
So at the begining of last week when I opened the package, I found I'd got the wrong circuit board; I had an Airbus board not a Boeing one. A quick email later I was told not a problem and given the address to return it to. Just over a week later and I had the new board in my hand with no charge for the pastage, now that's service.  :) how many companies would change something after six months?

The FMC is now assembled and working like the first one.
Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate