Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
485 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 485
Total: 485

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Need Help With OpenCockpits USB LED Board

Started by NeoMorph, February 12, 2011, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

OK, I'm going with FDS next time... It's obvious that there is problems in translation.

So I open the manual and come across how to set the jumpers...

Errr... I thought this was supposed to be in English... Oh well at least I can look at the wiring diagram and work it out...

::)

Clear as mud... Anyone got any idea what the jumper settings mean in English? I've sent an email to the OC team but apparently they are poor at communicating from what I have just found out while looking for the solution. Hell, their website doesn't even let you search for answers as the search engine is disabled. Looks like I'm going to be buying FDS from now on. :(
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

NeoMorph

I think it's DEFINITELY a case of lost in translation... The developer is using the word "Device" at two places in the software when he really meant Card Number. In one part of the software Device is "64" and then in the script the Device is equal to "1". It doesn't help when half of the interface is in English and the other half in Spanish.

Got it sort of working now but I need to get make a better connector board because those screw connectors made me think I had blown part of the board when half the LED's stopped working lol. Bit of a wiggle and they worked again. High resistance contacts... I HATE THEM!

Now I'm starting to understand how it holds together I am making progress... What I think I will do is start making a new manual... sort of Cockpits For Dummies (considering I'm the biggest dummy of the lot atm).

Emsis, I was already using the info from lekseecon for the coding... it was the problem identifying the card to SIOC itself that was doing my head in. Also having to guess the wiring diagram because it is so poor was another stressful part.

Once past the noobie phase and seeing the undercarriage lights work for the first time is oddly satisfying...

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

fordgt40

The info you were seeking on wiring is on the Lekseecon site

http://www.lekseecon.nl/iocards.html#USBOutputs

I agree that the Spanglish is challenging, but some applied logic generally gets you there  :)

Edit [ If you want to search for a forum topic on the OC site then use the search feature on the Forum section - that works fine]

NeoMorph

Cheers... The Spanglish is really frustrating because the product is question is such good value for money, especially with SIOC thrown in. All it would need is the manual updating with a good quality wiring diagram but it seems to have been thrown together in a rush. I really didn't like the idea of wiring it all up, connecting the external power and then finding out the silly thing had blown because of not knowing the correct information. Perhaps I should learn Spanish at college to go with the welding classes?  :P

Thank god for the lekseecon site.

I was looking for a manual for the master card because there isn't even a spanglish version of that.. it's totally spanish. Am I looking but not seeing?

fordgt40

You need to be persistent, obtuse and lucky. Here is the link :)
Given the number of questions on this subject, perhaps it should be a "sticky"?

http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/info/information.php?info_id=37&cPath=1

David

NeoMorph

Oh god... I looked at that page and thought it was broken as I couldn't click the manuals... There are several pages where the site leads to nothing. I never thought to click on the version number.

*slaps forehead*

Thanks again.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate