Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
507 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 511
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Got My First ATR Parts

Started by NeoMorph, February 20, 2011, 10:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

Thanks to this site I got in touch with a guy who sold me some parts he collected when he was going to make and ATR cockpit... but then he managed to get a REAL cockpit to play with. All I can say is thanks to his generosity I got the parts for a bargain price imho. I've even gotten the Tiller Handle which was something I thought I would never get...

John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Kennair

Well done John, they'd be rare items I would think.  Not many suppliers making ATR panels.  Were these made by your contact or a commercial supplier?

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

NeoMorph

The overhead panels I've got on order are actually replicas. These are actually off a real plane (even included a some real DZUS)... The back lighting is actually a bunch of tiny bulbs in the quarter panels... even smaller than standard LED's which kind of surprised me. I'll probably replace them with 3mm leds though as they will be more reliable and I don't have any replacement bulbs if the real ones went anyway.

Actually when I made my list of LEDs yesterday I was really shocked how many I am going to need. At first glance there doesn't seem to be that many at all... and I've got to order red, green, blue, yellow, orange and white. A veritable rainbow heh.

One thing I don't know though (don't get mad at me... I'm a noob heh) is what are the two arms on the chartholder for?

John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Emesis

They're just arms that fold down to help support the chart.

Cheers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate