Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
498 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 501
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 498
Total: 498

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Zealand Earthquake

Started by NeoMorph, February 22, 2011, 05:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

Just got to say my thoughts are with the Kiwis at the moment. Some of you know Dean and John from Ruscool (the ones who posted those pics of their lovely King Air C90 sim) are over there... Here is an extract from an email I got from Dean today...

QuoteAlso, as you may or may not know, Christchurch was on the end of a devastating 6.3 earthquake today (around lunchtime - about 11 hours ago now) which has caused considerable damage to the city and dozens of fatalities. We are all safe and physically okay but the workshop is a shambles and John still has no power over there. I presently have power at my house, although we're still getting some fairly decent aftershocks, which may cause it (and my communication) to be fairly intermittent over the next few days.

So if there are no replies from them it is due to the intermittent power.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

ETomlin

Thoughts and prayers for those affected by all of this in NZ.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Kennair

Thanks John, our thoughts are with them and others affected by the quake.  I have several nephews living in Christchurch and one of them broke his ankle going down some stairs during the shake.  Painful stuff but thankfully not fatal.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

I have put an email into John and Dean at Ruscool but so far I have not heard from them. Not strange since it is like 4:00am there. As soon as I know something I will report it back. And yes thoughts and prayers to all there just makes it more real when you deal with someone who is in it. It is not just a news story to me.....

ETomlin

Quote from: Bob Reed on February 22, 2011, 06:12:51 AM
And yes thoughts and prayers to all there just makes it more real when you deal with someone who is in it. It is not just a news story to me.....

Absolutely. My thoughts exactly. I have friends all over the world because of this hobby, even if we arent the kind of friends that I can drive down the road and see. I've been "knowing" Ken, Gwyn, Nic D from Oz, and another dozen from all over the world (UK, Europe, etc.) plus all of you guys here in the States and Canada for several years now. Each time I hear of this sort of thing in places around the world, I pause and think, "Lord please be with them now."
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

shaneb

Hey guys,

Here is an extract from an email  I received from Dean . . .

Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Thankfully our immediate family is all safe and well and our house is okay.

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Bob Reed

I just got an email from John at Ruscool. John, Dean and family are ok. The shop is not however. But there are a lot of people a lot worse off than them. (Johns words not mine) No running water or sewage, power was restored last night. Still having a lot of large aftershocks. All we can do right now is keep them all in our prayers

when acting as a wave

Hi guys

Thanks for all the messages of support.

Yes, we are all safe and okay but the workshop is a mess and it might take us a few days to sort it all out and properly assess the damage - it was a scary place to be. There are many people far worse off than ourselves, however - we've had a friend lose his house and know several people still trapped inside collapsed buildings, so it's a terrible time at the moment.

I'll keep in touch.

Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

jackpilot

Just got the news....

As Eric said, good to have news from friends around the world when things go crazy.
Glad to know you are safe and sound.
Jack

Jack

when acting as a wave

Hi there again

Just to let you all know that we're doing okay (still no water, but we're lucky to have homes, so no complaints).

The workshop is up and running again and we're even sending a couple of orders out tomorrow. The only real damage was to one of our large milling machines, which toppled over and is beyond repair - though we have other means. The rest was mostly superficial mess.

I also wanted to once again say thanks for the many messages of support that we've received from around the world.

Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

shaneb

Hello Dean,

Great to hear all is well considering what you have experienced.  I hope that all gets back to normal very soon for you and your family . . .     :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

Lets just hope Insurance will cover any of your losses.  Most important is the fact you guys have your health.  Nothing can repair that.

Best of luck to you guys.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate