Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
515 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PC Pilot Magazine and Microsoft Flight

Started by Kennair, March 04, 2011, 02:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennair

A heads up for those that aren't subscribed to PC Pilot magazine, which in my opinion is the best flightsim mag on the shelves (no affiliation of course), they have started a regular article following and assessing the progress of Microsoft Flight.  The screenshots are very tantalising (however that's what they are designed to do!) and the news very encouraging, so for those of us hankering for something new and something supported this monthly update should provide some valuable reading.  If you're not subscribed, go get a copy  :D

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

727737Nut

Great!  Now i just wish i would get the magazine i subscribed to back in November!  Still haven't got one issue but my card was billed!  LOL
737 Junkie

bussgarfield

Hi Ken.

I also read the article which consists of an interview with a Microsoft employee - Scott Andersen. Interestingly he said that the reason for leaving out the word simulator was 'Simulator has a profound meaning to users and non-users alike. But honestly, to some the use of Simulator can also be intimidating'. He went on 'Microsoft Flight is intended to convey something larger than just simulation, it embraces all that is flight'.

Scott Andersen remarked on emails they had received about the dropping of the word simulator and embarking on the road to arcade games which he refuted saying that they are going to honour the legacy of the past and expand the experience to an even greater range of interests.

It was part one of an interview and much was discussed in the pages of PC Pilot but I just could not help but get the impression from Mr Andersen that it will indeed be more of an arcade game related software. Throughout the interview he kept using the terms 'play, playing and game'. Part two will be an interesting read with this in mind.

This is just my slant on the interview and it has to be bourne in mind that not everyone wants a 'simulator'. Whilst we perhaps do, there are some that would just prefer to blast and shoot there way across the skies. That said of course, technology has come a long way since the introduction of MSFSX and this must be a bonus.

I will just sit back quietly now and see what the future brings - I should be able to wedge some game pads under the glare shield somewhere !

Gary 
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Aerosim Solutions

I signed up for two years and it is way better than CP mag who I used to write for, CP is crap! Our very own Joe Lavery is a regular contributor to PC Pilot and he produces the give away freeware CD - great stuff Joe!!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

Thank you for those kind words Gwyn, we try to please... sadly not always.  :-\
However the CD usually has some of the best freeware around at the time, both aircraft and airports. All kindly provided by the freeware authors.

And yes I do have a vested interest in the sales of PC Pilot.... ;)

Regards
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jskibo

Now I just need PC Pilot to send me another one of those discount offers :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate