Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
464 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 464
Total: 464

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New PC built and FSX running, WOW!!!!!! Now have FPS results

Started by 727737Nut, April 20, 2011, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Well i built the system below for 1006.00 shipped,
I5-2500K OC at 4.3G now
Coolmaster 212+
ASRock ExtremeB4
Crucial SSD
G Skill 8G 1600Mhz
RoseHill 3 fan Case
MSI 460GTX 1GB OC PCI-E 16
760W semi modular pwr supply

Using WIN7 64-bit, FSX and Acceleration pack STOCK fsx.cfg!
Sliders MAXED!
50% Traffic
1280x720 PJ
Default 737

With the SSD = SUPER FAST load times!!

I have my slider set to 31FPS,  My FPS is glued to 30.9 in all modes and views.  I have more testing to do in heavy scenery areas but so far it shows no signs of stuttering and blurries or pop-up objects. SUPER FLUID motion! Even the view panning is fast!
I'm pleased and in heaven now with the performance I am getting. I HIGHLY recommend this set-up.  If I tweak the CFG, Win7 and bump the OC, Just imagine!

Rob
737 Junkie

astron

Sounds nice, be careful with the overclock though,dont want to burn it up before its time.

Tom

Sean

I've heard that CPU will hit 4.8GHz with stock cooling!

Don't bust it, but if you do, they sure are cheap!!!  :o

727737Nut

Just did some test, used the CFG i made then(#1)and then the one created by this site(#2) which is Jesus's editor, http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Unlimited frame setting, Default 737, Fair weather, at KIND As reported these are the Average FPS!!!!

Sitting on ground

#1) 125

#2) 155

Flying at 250kts 3500ft

#1) 180

#2) 205!!!!

The sim is insanely smooth but remember, i have NO add-on's installed yet. This is stock scenery and clouds. Still though i am very pleased.
Rob
737 Junkie

astron

Hey Rob, sounds like your computer is doing the job, I disagree about one thing though setting the frame rate to unlimited,  ive been playing with fsx for about 4 years now and have tryed every trick in the book,some work some dont,  when it all came down to it i found that i have very little changes to my fsx.cfg file   But my suggestion and you can just give it a try,is i set my framerate locked at 45fps as this computer will run that quite solid,and for me 45fps gave me a smooth fluid look to everything, but it also does something else, it allows the cpu to use the rest of its power on other things,like rendering scenery and such,im running a 965e mildly overclocked,and it does quite a good job also.    The thing you may notice, once you add all the other goodies it will drag things down, im running gex,utx,rex  and if you run this stuff real high it will get you at some of the real big airports, places like ksea with tons of scenery and water to render.

Here are the only changes,or additions to my cfg file.

Added: 
[Bufferpools]
Usepools=0

Added:
[Jobscheduler]
AffinityMask=14      Now this may or may not work for you,i dont know about the I 5 stuff at all

Changed:
Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=70

Changed:
[Graphics]
Texture_Max_Load=2048   this change was mainly for the rex, you can go to 4096 if the cpu will handle it

Changed:
[Terrain]
LOD_RADIUS=6.000000      this last change can take higher res scenery and really sharpen it up,it will also reduce the blurries also.    Be careful how high you go with this setting depending on how much ram you have it can run you out of memory at the big airports.
So this is a setting you want to play with.

I also suggest getting Nick Needhams, flight tuning info,for the OS your using,it really does make a difference.

good luck with your new computer
take care for now,Tom

Garys

One thing to consider is those cfg tweaks are for for those trying too elimate stutters and other problems. If the system is already running perfect, those tweaks can do more harm than good. If after installing the new scenery you start to see problems only then should you start playing with the cfg.

astron

That is true,these tweaks work for my system,and they may not work for everyone,but the nice thing is ,if they dont work for you,then can simply remove them, but i agree about adding all of your addons first,then start doing the minor adjustments.

And really the main problem with stutters and issues like that,is the fact that you need a modern day computer with lots of horsepower to really be able to run fsx, when fsx came out it was a few years ahead of the computers that could even run it,  thats why years back everybody was looking for all these magical fixes when there really werent any,and saying fsx was a piece of junk etc...  when really there is nothing wrong with fsx, ya just need the hardware to run it.

Tom

727737Nut

I do plan on locking mine at 30FPS with an external program.  I just had a few request for an unlimited test.
You are on the money that each install requires different settings.

Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate