Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 10:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Security Pat Downs

Started by bussgarfield, May 20, 2011, 08:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

If you guys in the US have not seen this yet, it is worth a read.

Makes a difference to the way you now ask 'the partner' if you can go have a flight in the sim !!!

Texas House Bans Offensive Security Pat-Downs
May 13, 2011 6:44 AM

Print Share 786 
A TSA agent waits for passengers to pass through a magnetometer at Los Angeles International Airport on November 22, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (credit: David McNew/Getty Images)

AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas House passed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for public servants to inappropriately touch travelers during airport security pat-downs.

Approved late Thursday night, the measure makes it illegal for anyone conducting searches to touch "the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person" including through clothing.

It also prohibits searches "that would be offensive to a reasonable person."

The bill's chief sponsor is Republican Rep. David Simpson, who said, "this has to do with dignity and travel, and prohibiting indecent, groping searches."

He believes it will keep Transportation Security Administration officials from treating travelers like criminals, though the measure may be superseded by federal law.

After a brief but raucous debate, lawmakers approved the measure with little opposition — drawing applause from supporters.

Hear hear - thats what I say.
Gary

Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

dharrison

I fly every week for my job, many times multiple flights. I am not sure why everyone gets in an uproar. I have never been patted down and never observed anyone being touched inapropriately. Just walk through the stupid machine and get on with it. Oh, and take the crap out of your pockets, take off your belt, jacket, hat and your jewerly BEFORE YOU GET INTO THE SECURITY LINE!!!!! And put your damn laptop in the bin too. If your a female, don't wear every piece of jewerly that you own on the plane, this isn't a fashion contest. Don't wait until you get to the machine to do this. Some of us don't have all day to wait for you!!!

I know that not everyone travels often but jeez, it's not rocket science. If it's metal it will set of the "METAL" detector...

Rant over.

Don

XOrionFE

I agree with Don.  I would rather them put me through the body xray and look at whatever they want or pat me down to whatever extent they want if it means ensuring that some lunatic doesnt jump on the flight with me.   

And as for you (Mad Hatter), I cant believe that if you fly for a living you wouldnt just absolutely love TSA.   If I had to go up everyday carrying all those strangers knowing what some terrible people are out there trying to do damage, I would vote for the most maximum security possible and want to shake the hands of the people that keep it that way.

Luckily for me I dont have any terrorists to worry about in my humble home 737 cockpit except my 3 4 yr olds who want to try to sabotage my pedestal and radios with every known sticky material liquid and dirt known to man!

Scott

XOrionFE

Well..put that way I see your point....that would be a tough one.    Children are different for sure.

Scott

MLeavy737

TSA @@@@@@@@@@@

Not even gonna get started!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate