Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 09:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
565 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CH Pro USB pedals

Started by Bob Reed, May 22, 2011, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I have a set of USB CH Pro rudder peddles. I have never owned these before. I have the rudder peddles setup in FSUIPC but the brakes are set up in FS. My problem is the breaks are so touchy, I can not place my feet on the peddels with engaging the breaks. Is there something wrong with my peddels, do I have them setup wrong? Anyone have any suggestions?

jskibo

Does FS allow for proportional braking without using FSUIPC?  Thought it was just a "button" type setup, On or Off
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Bob Reed

Well I m not sure. I know the brakes do not show up in FSUIPC. So I am hoping someone who has the peddels can help me.

bussgarfield

Hi Bob,

I have got my Saitek rudder/brake pedals set up through FSUIPC and they have proportional braking. In FSUIPC the brakes will come under right brake and left brake.

Without delving into the Sim computer at the moment, I cant give exact settings but I do recall allowing pedal travel at the top and bottom end so the brakes aren't activated when the foot is 'resting' on the pedals. Braking with the pedals also releases the autobrakes that I have set up through FSUIPC as well.

If you need any further info I can get back to you when it is not so late over here.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Bob Reed

Hey Gary, thanks man but I don't think the Saitec are the same as the CH Pro. My brakes do not show up in FSUIPC. I will look more myself to find the answer.

XOrionFE

Bob,

i have a set of CH Pro Pedals and my brakes show up in fsuipc as separate axis.  not sure why yours dont....they should.   i would turn of in FS then try again in fsuipc axis assignment to detect them.   that is step one.   if you can get them to be detected calibrate them and on the low end of range set while you are stepping on the brake slightly.  that way they wont be engaged at all with normal rudder usage.

Scott

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 22, 2011, 02:39:11 PM
Bob,

i have a set of CH Pro Pedals and my brakes show up in fsuipc as separate axis.  not sure why yours dont....they should.   i would turn of in FS then try again in fsuipc axis assignment to detect them.   that is step one.   if you can get them to be detected calibrate them and on the low end of range set while you are stepping on the brake slightly.  that way they wont be engaged at all with normal rudder usage.

Scott

Hmmmm might be something wrong with them then. Because all though they show up in FS I see no way to calibrate them in Windows... More looking but I am not down there yet. YOu would think I am a newbee! lol

Bob Reed

Well it looks there must be something wrong with the pedels I have. I did get them to work but not very well. There is almost no throw on them at all very tight and right on the top. If I dont put my feet on them my brakes stay on.

XOrionFE

does your set have the switch on it that changes it to racecar mode?  wonder if that switch could be bad?

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 22, 2011, 06:50:54 PM
does your set have the switch on it that changes it to racecar mode?  wonder if that switch could be bad?

No it does not have that switch. The hole is plugged. I will open them up and see if I can see what the deal is. I have a really nice set from PFC but they only work with my Jetliner Yoke and they have to be fastened to the ground on order to use them at all they have very heavy springs.... Oh well.....

DaveK

Bob I have a similar problem with the brakes staying on once I have touched the toe brakes.
I did fix it but that was ages ago and cant remember what I did. I think it was something to do with the sensitivity settings.
I have double checked all other FS settings and there is nothing else activating the brakes.
My set does show in FSUIPC and allocated to left and right brakes but i did have a hard time then trying to calibrate them... that would be me at fault not the program...

bussgarfield

Hi again Bob.

Regarding the brakes 'sticking' on. I recall that I reversed the settings as I had the same problem when initially setting up my Saitek ones. I don't think it matters which product you are using, they should all be picked up by FSUIPC and windows. I will mirror what Scott said about deleting any axis assignment from FS. Your pedals should be picked up under games controllers in the control panel and they can then be calibrated in FSUIPC.

I have attached 2 PDF documents for you which may assist. Please don't take offence as the docs are aimed at the basics of setting up FSUIPC but they helped me no end with my set up and I learned quite a lot. I also have the PDF docs for setting up Saitek controllers if anyone needs them.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Bob Reed

Hi Gary.. None taken, in fact they are now in my important folder for FS.

XOrionFE

Hey Bob,

Another set of Pedals on their way to you.....that I wasnt using (See PM).

Scott

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 23, 2011, 06:02:55 AM
Hey Bob,

Another set of Pedals on their way to you.....that I wasnt using (See PM).

Scott

Wow! THank you very much Scott. Now lets hope they don't put egg on my face and work just like the set I have... Can't possibly be user error, can it?!!!!

XOrionFE

I dont think so.  Sounds like your pedals have an issue.

blueskydriver

Bob are these the pedals we sent you? If so, there is nothing wrong with them, it is FSUIPC setups. There is a setting that puts them into reverse operation and you have to do the end point adjustments so that you can place your feet on them without brakes being applied.

Right now I am lying in bed after being up 20 hours; however, do not take them apart, I can tell u exactly what to do later tonight/morning. It's a CH vs FSUIPC thing and dealing with FSX. It's in the FSUIPC manual or the FSUIPC Advanced User Manual...

Trust us when we say there is nothing wrong with the pedals, would not send faulty items to anyone; especially a great friend...

BSD aka you know me.
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

i think we covered that.  he said they werent even  being detected in fsuipc.

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 25, 2011, 04:28:15 PM
i think we covered that.  he said they werent even  being detected in fsuipc.

Actually Scott, they do show up and I can assign them. But I have very little deflection, less than 1/4" and yes I do have the "reverse" box checked. There is a value when I take my feet off them and reads 0 when I set my feet back on them. So brakes on "Brakes" or "Differential Brakes" are displayed on the screen when I take me feet off them and the message goes away when I set my feet back on them. Hope I cleared that up. As long as I don't take me feet off them they work as expected only very little differential braking.

XOrionFE

ok

so go into one of the brakes at a time and if the brakes get a value when you press but go back to zero when released, press it all the way then just realease a little pressure so the maximum value dislplayed drops a little bit then set the upper limit.  next, release the brake and view the value shown.  no matter what it is you want the low limit setting to be greater than it.  if value is zero for instance then dont set the lower limit at zero with your foot off the brake.  you want to depress the brake slightly....maybe 10 percent so that you get a higher reading than zero...like maybe 500 or so and then while holding your foot in the same slightly depressed position hit the set for lower limit.   That should do it.   essentiallynwhen your foor is off the brake the value wont be high enogh to actually be in the set brake range.    do this for the other brake pedal as well.   make sure that nothing is defined within FS though.   should only be set in fsuipc.

hopefully that makes sense and i described the procedure correctly.    i've only done it a million times but not in front of my pc at the moment.

Scott

Bob Reed

That is one of the problems. Once you move the pedale that tiny bit there is no more movement in FSUIPC. It jumps right from the bottom of the scale to the top.

XOrionFE

well that certainly sounds like a bad pot then.   cant think of anything else that would cause that.

astron

Hey Bob, i think scott is probably on to the problem, i have the same ch pro pedals ive had them for years and it is not uncommon that the pot can go bad i have replaced them before,and from your last description of your problem that sounds like what it might be, the simplest way to check it is simply go into the windows games controllers,and your pedals should be there,you should see under (Test)    x axis yaxis, being left and right brake, apply each brake separately and watch the little cross hairs if the arent smooth and jump around more then likely the pot is bad,also check the little connectors and wires that go to the pot that is not working correctly.   you can get the pot needed here the hp-100A is the one you want.    http://www.chproducts.com/shop/parts.html

Good luck,Tom

Bob Reed

Hi folks. I want to thank everyone for all the help but the problem once again turns out to be user error. Improper calibration in Windows was the problem. I was calibrating the rudders but not the brakes I did not associate the brakes being part of the same axis as the rudder so during calibration I was not pushing them down I was looking for their own test slider.

jskibo

25 lashes for Bob, before keel hauling him and tying him to the yardarm.   (I am missing my Navy days) :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate