Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:56:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
585 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

787 Sim

Started by MLeavy737, June 09, 2011, 10:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

Hey all.. Was in ground school the other day and took a peek in the 787 sim that arrived not too long ago.. Heard its not quite ready because the electrics on the real 787 design have not been finalized yet.. anyhow i took a few pics.. looks real nice in person!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Nat Crea

Frikin Hot!

I wonder how many will trade in their NG sims?  :D

Nat

jackpilot

Well Guys, some of you might change their plans!!! (Mike?)

Click on that pic.. :D

Jack

MLeavy737

Does look nice!... (and the wife would say, nice and expensive :-\)
And she would also say..(you need to finish what you started! You said you were almost done with that 737 in the garage! You have all these part sitting around! When are you gonna make some money with that thing like you said  :-\)

I figure ill wait till i fly the real one first. Test it out a little. See if i like it.. Haa lol.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

fsaviator

DROOOLLL.  looks like something out of Star Trek.

OK...  I call first dibs on all of your 737 stuff when you guys all start to transition to the 787!

Thanks,

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

XOrionFE

looking more and more like a computer game....yuck....

In fact,  cant tell you how many times i have been over to APHS and admired all the old 727 parts and a couple times thought about beginning to collect hem for another sim project some day just to have that old more real flying feel.  you can smell the JP in those parts!    BTW - where is Michael Carter???   Michael....if your out there show these guys what a real plane is and get some more videos of your old majestic bird made!!!
:).
Scott

727737Nut

Quote from: XOrionFE on June 12, 2011, 03:47:17 PM
looking more and more like a computer game....yuck....

In fact,  cant tell you how many times i have been over to APHS and admired all the old 727 parts and a couple times thought about beginning to collect hem for another sim project some day just to have that old more real flying feel.  you can smell the JP in those parts!    BTW - where is Michael Carter???   Michael....if your out there show these guys what a real plane is and get some more videos of your old majestic bird made!!!
:).
Scott

Been down that 727 road!  Yes, it is cool, and actually do-able.  BUT and I mean a BIG but, to do it right it is very costly and time consuming and seems like there are always bugs galore to work on.  All the real stuff can be made to work and if you decide to do it I will help you!! :)  The 737 may have glass displays but it can STILL be hand flown and fly VOR and NDB approaches just like a 727.  ;)
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

that is true of course but nothing like good old steam guages.   i actually got my PPL on a 172 with Steam guages, no gps, and no autopilot then later switched to flying a G1000 equipped 172 with full autopilot, nexrad updates, and TAS and of course love them both and would probably never go back to steam in real life especially for flying in actual IMC as the glass is so much safer but just love the old guages.  yes you can fly an NG on raw data but the ambiance is much different.

back on subject though...that FDS setup looks absolutely incredible!

Scott

jskibo

I still fly the steam guage stuff......Just can't self justify the cost difference between the Warrior II and the G1000 Cessna.  Then again, I'm usually just trading cash for altitude with no real purpose on my flights anyway
Less than 4 years to retirement......

jackpilot

Quote from: jskibo on June 13, 2011, 04:04:14 AM
I still fly the steam guage stuff......Just can't self justify the cost difference between the Warrior II and the G1000 Cessna.  Then again, I'm usually just trading cash for altitude with no real purpose on my flights anyway

With you all the way, and the Piper cockpit has a mini airliner feel that the high wing does'nt have. Besides who needs a purpose for flying !! :laugh:

But Simwise the 787 has a terrific appeal must say!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate