Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 08:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
363 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

A bittersweet moment

Started by fsaviator, June 18, 2011, 11:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsaviator

I have to share this bittersweet moment with my "other" family... tonight after 21 years of being a "Green Beret" I officially gave up my status as an "operator" and accepted the fact that I am now a "staff" guy and that my lot in life is to support the Green Beret's that follow me... I was presented with a "Kimber .45" pistol in this huge presentation case with a plaque that read "Presented to the Sergeant Major of Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)... June 2009 - June 2011... Listen up men, here's the bottom line..." While I love what it all stands for... It's like a a kick in the nuts...  :(

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

fsaviator

... but I love the guys that this represents... and I love the guys that made this possible... De Oppresso Liber.
Warren "FSAviator"
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

Thank you for sharing Warren..
Check your PM.
Jack
;)

Jack

XOrionFE

I hear you Warren.  Every time I have to straighten my closet and see my old Navy Blues and Flight Jacket hanging up in the back of everything wrapped in plastic and saved for my kids it brings a tear to my eyes.  it was tough for me when I chose to leave service back in 94 and still is to this day.  I had a lot of fun and many memories.   

At least youre still able to serve in some capacity and I am sure it is just as much needed.   Thank you for doing what you do for all of us including the next generation (my kids and others).   We really appreciate it.

Scott

bussgarfield

Warren,

We all have our own little tales to tell but it doesn't make it any easier for the individual that makes that decision to leave what has been the love of his life for so many years. Good on ya buddy - you have served your country well.

I will have been retired from the Suffolk Police Force in the UK for 2 years on the 24th of this month after serving for 30 years. I worked with some really great guys (and those not so great) and I have some wonderful memories. The good memories will stay with you for your life time and after time, the not so good ones will disappear - just like the pain in the nuts.

Cheers buddy.
Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

shaneb

Hey Warren,

As Scott said . . thanks for all that you have done, time that you have given up with family, holidays missed, moments in your life you won't get back. Thank you for standing that watch.  I think back on my time in the military and recall a lot of good times with my friends and I've made many more good friends after leaving the military and working as a law enforcement officer . . in a few more years I'll be retiring from that career and I hope that  Gary is right . . the good memories will stay with me for a lifetime and the not so good ones will disappear. 

Shane
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

fsaviator

Thanks everyone!  It is hard coming to the realization that you won't be doing what you've been doing for that long, anymore.  I still have a few good years left in me though before I hang it up for good, even if they are spent behind a desk.

The one good thing is that it will allow me to spend a little more time at home with the kids (and grandkids).  I'm hoping to lure them into flying with a certain simulator...

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"

Maurice

Quote from: fsaviator on June 20, 2011, 09:52:57 PM

The one good thing is that it will allow me to spend a little more time at home with the kids (and grandkids).  I'm hoping to lure them into flying with a certain simulator...

Warren

Shouldn't be that difficult. After all, they have your genes and from the looks of it, these are very airworthy genes  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

wledzian

A huge heartfelt thank you for everything you've done, especially any necessary-but-unpleasant stuff that you'll never be allowed to talk about.  It's people like you who have written that check payable to whichever government you serve, in the amount "up to and including my life" who allow the rest of us to enjoy the freedoms to which we've become accustomed.

Deepest thanks to all who have written that check, and to all those who have had that check cashed in, may you rest in peace!

Never forget - Freedom isn't free!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate