Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 03:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
580 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 580
Total: 581

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another flight video

Started by Maurice, June 22, 2011, 08:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Once upon a time...in a land far, far away (Nepal), a foolhardy sim pilot took off from Katmandu & flew to Paro where he attempted to land on runway 33 where there is a steep 6,167 ft drop in the last 5.71 miles

This video shows his first unsuccessful attempt followed by a scary landing on his second attempt. Miraculously, everyone survived  ::)

No tree tops were chopped off during this flight, but several flight regulations were ignored. Please don't try this at home  ;D

Seriously now, I would love to see a real cockpit video of a real landing to that runway. It would be nice to see how close to the ground you really are during the whole approach as compared to the FSX version. I imagine that any passengers who have never landed there must be sh....g their pants if they look out the window.

New link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjN9cNaW2ig

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

bussgarfield

Excellent stuff Maurice.

Flying in, stalling the plane to lose speed and then bump.

I was begining to thinK this guy had a motion sim until I realised the camera tripod was knocked on touch down !!!

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Maurice

Ooops!! I uploaded the wrong version of the video. Will try to upload the right one if I can.

Maurice

Maurice

DaveC

Great Video Maurice.

I have really enjoyed watching your project come together over the time I have been here.

Your clouds look spectacular.  I could fly through those for hours.  Better than real ones. 

Dave C.

astron

Maurice, you are having way to much fun with that new camera, did you mount that on a tripod or something in the sim looks great when you turn it side to side stays nice and level, and on that 2nd landing i wonder if you took off some tree tops with your landing gear,LOL that was close,    keep it up cool stuff

Tom

Maurice

Quote from: astron on June 23, 2011, 05:07:13 AM
Maurice, you are having way to much fun with that new camera, did you mount that on a tripod or something in the sim looks great when you turn it side to side stays nice and level, and on that 2nd landing i wonder if you took off some tree tops with your landing gear,LOL that was close,    keep it up cool stuff

Tom

Yep. tripod but need to change the head to a fluid head to get smooth panning. I have the fluid head but it does not fit on my current tripod, so need to buy another tripod

Maurice

Maurice

I finally found a real cockpit video of a landing in runway 33. Interestingly enough, the pilot does not follow the VOR/DME procedure to descend to the runway but instead seems to follow a valley for a less drastic descent. Unless I am mistaken, this must be allowable only in pure VFR conditions I would think.

Anyway, the link to that site is http://wn.com/Landing_to_BHUTAN_Airport and the actual landing is item 13: Flight into Bhutan from the cockpit. I found it quite interesting to watch as well as videos # 6 & 12 which show landings on rwy 15 instead. Looks like a really beautiful country.

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate