Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 08:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
360 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Kris Stow- Rest In Peace

Started by ETomlin, June 24, 2011, 08:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETomlin

Hey everyone,

Today on my way back from vacation I was called by fellow LJ45 builder Ron Rollo and advised that another sim builder friend has passed away.

"Members and friends,

I regret to inform you all that [fellow LJ45 sim builder] Kris Stow has passed away.  I spoke to his wife Erin today and just heard of the news myself.

Kris was hit by a drunk driver last Friday while he was riding his motorcycle.  We need to keep his wife and two children in our prayers as they go through these incredible hard times."

- Ron Rollo

I'm still processing this info as I have had personal contact with Kris over the past few years and it's hard to digest, especially since I am a father as well being extremely prejudiced against those foolish enough to bring harm to others because of alcohol abuse. I wanted to pass this along because I know that some here may have known Kris and because we are a tight knit community and you may have had interaction with him in the past. Please keep his wife, children, and family in your thoughts and prayers.

For more information:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/housto ... =152178131

Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

727737Nut

I never knew him but my prayers are with his family.
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

31 years old, wife and 2 kids, what a tragedy! They do not crack down on this hard enough around here. I know a number of people who have been stopped a number of times for DWI, even after losing their license, and still have not seen jail! Thos should be intolerable!!!

XOrionFE

Wow, that is horrible news.   I chatted with Kris many times and he was one of the original Lear builders.  I copied his real Lear TQ way back when i had one.   Such sad news.   I myself owned a Harley and rode all the time.  When we had our kids 5 years ago now i still rode for two years but always worried about getting hit by the other guy and orphaning my kids so I sold it and the proceeds went to my 737 build.   Not only do you have to watch out for drunk drivers but all the kids that are now texting while they drive.   Anyway...wow..  hard to hear of news like this.   Rest in peace Kris.   Our prayers are with you and your family.  You will be missed in our community.

Scott

MLeavy737

So sorry to hear that news... Terrible loss.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Maurice

That is so sad and so senseless.  :(    It is high time that the laws should be changed and people that have multiple convictions for drunk driving should be charged with murder if they kill someone while drunk driving. Unfortunately, that will not happen unless the rights of the victims are also changed to surpass or even at times just equal the rights of the criminals.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Kennair

Wow that is so sad, and criminal at such a young age.  How quickly life can be extinguished and so drastically changed for those left behind.  I have experienced similar life changing loss and feel for Kris's family right now, there's just nothing that can prepare you for it.  It does make you think about really enjoying what you have here and now and making the most of each and every day.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate