Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
351 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Career in aviation anyone?

Started by MLeavy737, June 25, 2011, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

dharrison

Too little too late for me unfortunately. They couldn't afford me now... I came out of flight school and flight instructing with over 1000 hours in September of 2001. I continued instructing until December 2001 and realized that I wouldn't see a cockpit. Went management and never looked back.

Always wanted to fly for the majors but the though of making 30k or less and working 5-6 days a week flying regioinals was looking less and less glamourous.

Oh well..

Don

Maurice

Now that I am retired, I would fly for the airlines for free but now that I have posted one of my landings on youtube, I doubt they will even consider me  :(  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

saabpilot

I just passed 70, maybe my age will be a problem?     ;D    ;D

However have done my "tour" flying commercially for 25 years when it was immense fun, no FMS:es, wages were OK and the a/h:s still had decent gross weights.
Can still remember getting the wake up call 04:00 AM with minus 40 outdoor and pitch black.
(ESNQ Kiruna, Sweden above the Arctic Circle)
Sitting in the crew car for 45 minutes praying the car engine would not quit in the freezing cold  as we had uniforms on made for more summerlike weather  :P

Best from Sweden,
Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

jackpilot

Quote from: saabpilot on June 27, 2011, 02:42:54 AM
However have done my "tour" flying commercially for 25 years when it was immense fun, no FMS:es, wages were OK and the a/h:s still had decent gross weights.
Bjorn

Agreed Sir.!
Now we have the goodies in our Sims, but the SOP does not make their use mandatory!! :laugh:

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate