Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:13:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
23 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Approach LOC-DME RWY 26 to Visual RWY 08 at INN LOWI (cockpit view)

Started by Maurice, August 04, 2011, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

This is one video I had been looking for to show what a real approach to Innsbruck rwy 08 while following the rwy 26 localizer looks like in real life. I have tried that approach several times and I am trying to get it right, so this was very useful to me and all & all, my approach looks fairly close to this one. Still need to perfect the various altitudes required and the final turn to rwy 08 which I always overshoot unlike this video where the plane ends up perfectly lined up with the runway without needing a steep turn angle to final.

Anyway, if you like this airport, this is a great video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be9E_vtY8Vs&feature=player_embedded

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Hum....at one point of the approach they skim the mountains top at 30' as confirmed by te aural warning!!
???

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on August 04, 2011, 01:35:25 PM
Hum....at one point of the approach they skim the mountains top at 30' as confirmed by te aural warning!!
???

Not really. if you read the comments on the video, they edited a small part so as not to show something they did not want to show:
"But I must confess, 2 times during the video I had to paste in audio from? a different approach in order to hide the callsign. That caused a misleading 1000´callout."

So, they did not really get down to 30' over the mountain top  :)

Maurice

dharrison

Maurice,

Here's another great one, gives you a good idea when to start the right turn. Right before the mountian. in a 76-3ER no less. Key is to configure and get slowed before or whilst on downwind.

http://youtu.be/Z9CqCVv6EBI

And another showing their flap config, looks like flaps 30 even before the turn to base. Get slow and go.

http://youtu.be/rKa9ILqgtS4

Don

Maurice

Quote from: dharrison on August 04, 2011, 04:57:40 PM

And another showing their flap config, looks like flaps 30 even before the turn to base. Get slow and go.

http://youtu.be/rKa9ILqgtS4

Don

Tried that today and still overshot the turn to the runway even though I was getting warnings about the bank angle. I guess I will have to try it while crawling just above stall speed.  :)

Maurice

dharrison

Use the map function on FS to help you. It tracks your flight path. Seems to me it's one continuous turn (no wings level on base.

Might be able to get a better visual if you see your ground track.

Don

Maurice

Quote from: dharrison on August 05, 2011, 05:37:02 PM
Use the map function on FS to help you. It tracks your flight path. Seems to me it's one continuous turn (no wings level on base.

Might be able to get a better visual if you see your ground track.

Don

I assure you....no leveling the wings. In fact, steep turn all the way from downwind. I must be doing something wrong or not staying close enough to the mountain on the left although I can almost touch it it seems.

Maurice

dharrison

I have the approaching Innsbruck scenery, I'll have to fly the approach some time today to see. I will post my map track. Maybe that will help.

Don

Maurice

Quote from: dharrison on August 06, 2011, 04:47:09 AM
I have the approaching Innsbruck scenery, I'll have to fly the approach some time today to see. I will post my map track. Maybe that will help.

Don

I was finally able to make the turn without overshooting the runway. I guess I wasn't going slow enough before but this time, I nailed it.  :) And I did that with the 'imperfect' FSX default 800. It's funny but I really could not tell the flight model is imperfect as I was having way too much fun despite the imperfections  ;D

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate