Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Incredible pilot

Started by Maurice, July 21, 2011, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

I'm sure most of you must have seen this video before but if you haven't, this is perhaps one the greatest pilots who ever lived doing something quite incredible with his airplane. I'm sure you'll enjoy watching a master (Bob Hoover) at work. Pouring tea in a glass while doing a barrel roll at the same time ...child play for sure  ::)  :)

Maurice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBcapxGHjE&feature=player_embedded
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

bussgarfield

Maurice,

I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Certainly looks like that plane can pull some G's whilst dead stick too (thats G force - not gin and tonics !!).

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

XOrionFE

Thanks Maurice,

He is an awesome pilot for sure.  I was actually very fortunate to see him fly in person at Oshkosh in the late 80's.  He did another of his famous routines mimicking a non-pilot jumping into a plane and flying it without any experience.  It was an amazing show.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 22, 2011, 05:47:54 PM
Thanks Maurice,

He is an awesome pilot for sure.  I was actually very fortunate to see him fly in person at Oshkosh in the late 80's.  He did another of his famous routines mimicking a non-pilot jumping into a plane and flying it without any experience.  It was an amazing show.

Scott

We must have crossed our paths. Back in the 80s, I did an annual pilgrimage to Oshkosh for over 20 years and I also saw Bob Hoover perform...can't remember what year.

Back them I had started to build a Murphy Rebel but I never finished it as I got laid off for a year just when I was reading to order the fuselage kit, so I only completed the tail section and the flaperons. I have always regretted not re-starting after I found new employment but water under the bridge...on to bigger & safer things  :)

Right now, I am in Green Bay Wisconsin for the EAA convention once again. This will probably be my last pilgrimage to Oshkosh as I am not contemplating starting over so it's just a goodbye trip. Unfortunately, I won't likely be here for the 787 arrival in Oshkosh on Friday, but who knows?  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Have fun Mau and bring back some pics and a nice report as you only can write one... :D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate