Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
573 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

help

Started by marcelo, July 26, 2011, 09:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcelo

Hello consult them about how you can set up FSX to turn on your computer, remain on the main screen and the external view on the secondary display on the instrument panel, without having to "drag" the instrument panel to the screen each time according starting the simulator. I have to buy the Matrox triple, will resolve that product. sorry for my English. sorry if it's not the right place to check this problem
thank you very much

marcelo

toc toc at least one hello :-\ :huh: :idiot:

Joe Lavery

Hello Marcelo and welcome.

Sadly my Spanich is just as bad as your English  ;D
But if I understand, you want to know if you can have your instruments on a second screen, without dragging them in Window mode every time you start the simulator.

The way to do that is to arrange the screens the way you want them and save the flight. Then assign that flight as the default from the save menu. The simulator should then start each time the way you saved it.

Regards
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Trevor Hale

Quote from: marcelo on July 26, 2011, 01:19:28 PM
toc toc at least one hello :-\ :huh: :idiot:

Lol. You will get more. Summer is just slow. Don't feel bad. We are all very friendly and don't bite. Welcome to the forums.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Hello Marcelo and welcome

Joe is correct but I would add that after you save the flight (at least in FSX) it is best to exit flight sim then go back in to ensure the screens stay the same.   Not sure why but that is what I found in the past.    1.  Set up the screens in the flight the way you want them 2. Save the flight and check save as Default checkbox 3. End the flight 4. Exit FSX completely.    Then you are all set next time.

Scott

Kennair

Hi Marcelo,

Let me just add one other note to this "routine".  It depends whether you are running in Windowed or Fullscreen mode.  FSX runs better in Fullscreen (as far as I have found) and besides if you're running a home cockpit you don't really want to have window borders messing up your nice displays :)  So here is what I've found you need to do to make these panels stick to their respective monitors in Fullscreen mode.

1.  First set FSX in "Window" mode (thats right don't set it in Fullscreen just yet).  Drag all your panels to their respective monitors in window mode then save the flight (set it as "Default" only if you want it to load automatically each time you start the sim).

2.  After you've saved it then set FSX to Fullscreen (ALT+ENTER) and close the sim "without saving it again!".

3.  Restart FSX and your default flight should load with all panels in place and in Fullscreen.

The trick here is not to save the flight in Fullscreen mode.  Don't know why it just seems to be a quirk with FSX.

This can be done for saving other types of aircraft setups also, just don't save them as Default (there can only be one).  In this case you save your flight via the routine above and title it appropriately (eg. PC12 at Seattle) then find that saved flight in "...Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\".  There will be 3 for each saved flight but you want the one that says "PC12 at Seattle.FSSAVE".  Double click on this file directly (or create a shortcut to the Desktop) and your sim will load in this configuration and at that location.

Hope this helps,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

marcelo

Hello, and thank you very much I could fix.

Marcelo  ;D ;D ;D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate