Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
562 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Real Aircraft Parts

Started by Joe Lavery, August 06, 2011, 01:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hey Guys,

Just received my first real aircraft part; an audio control panel.  ;D Bought it from GB Aviation on eBay. It's in immaculate condition, although not sure what I'm going to do with it, or even why I bought it. I think the price of $24.99 had something to do with it, and of course because most of the bits I see here, (mainly pointed out by Jack) are in the US.

Anyway it looks nice on my desk next to my computer, I'll need to investigate further to see if it can be integrated into my cockpit.
Now I understand why you guys buy so many real parts, it's nice to own a bit of a real aeroplane.  ;D

Cheers
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

GB has some nice parts and he recently put his prices more in line with reality.
I agree about real parts, (Michael 727 is basically built with real ones.)
Nice parts show up once in a while, you have to be very selective as the price discrepancies are unbelievable for the same item. I try to get, or post about, "new old stock" or refurbished ones.
Beware of yellowish lettering or badly touched up facia.
Some parts are  not usable but include tons of aerospace switches or knobs or korries for peanuts!
[ebay]190562858359[/ebay]
13 toggles 2knobs 6 lights

[ebay]190562858360[/ebay]
2 switches 2 concentric knobs 1 knob
or can be turned into a  working digital with a GoFlight kit.

Jack

Joe Lavery

As you say Jack, GB is a bit more realistic these days: although I noticed a few bits that are off the scale, considering he sells them as:

"All parts are sold as seen as per picture. We have no way to test them. No airworthiness expressed or given. Must be tested before use in aircraft."

Which of course we accept for flight Sim use, but when the price is $399.00 for a BOEING 747 WINDSCREEN WIPER AND GEARBOX, you begin to wonder who on earth would pay that. Again I realise the original cost would have been astronomical but he's selling it, SOLD AS SEEN.

Anyway, I quite like my new switch panel. I took the top off and the wiring is superb, so neat, I feel ashamed at some of my own attempts. Must try to do better...  ;D

Incidentally Jack do you know if GoFlight are still selling their bare GF-166 modules, I looked for a pal but couldn't find them on their website

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

The remote kits were on and off.
They do not sell enough I guess.
Just ask them if you need  some.
The cheapest way is to buy the radio as is and gut it for the parts, if you are good with small tools and solder, piece of cake.
Then istall it in a real radio. ;)
[ebay]370531906698[/ebay]

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate