Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PMDG NGX SDK Released

Started by Joe Lavery, August 08, 2011, 08:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Enrico Schiratti announced a few minutes ago on the PM forum that the SDK for the NGX is now available:

His words:

The PMDG SDK has been released... but unfortunately it doesn't help us with the issue of extracting the flight model... of course. ;)  Enrico Schiratti.

Not sure where you get it from though, I couldn't find it on the PMDG site, or through Google.  :(
I'm sure it will turn up shortly.  ;D

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

blueskydriver

What is the exact clarification on who it's released to? There has been some confusion on who, if it's just add-on/hardware companies only, or them plus everyday users?

Do you know anything Joe?

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

dharrison

Bet it will be released for those who want to look and pay a licensing fee.

That's how I would do it.

Don

Joe Lavery

Sorry BSD, I was reading some posts on the PM site and spotted that post from Enrico, that's all I know.
I tried to see if there was any more info on the PMDG site but didn't find any.  :(

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

fordgt40

Sorry guys but this SDK is not going to be available to flight sim hobbyists. According to the PMDG Introduction Manual the SDK will be made available to known hardware developers.

Not surprised here at all :) - it follows their commercial protection attitude and they also state that the SDK is being made available to hardware developers for them to produce drivers for their own products - also read that this means more PMDG packages can be sold >:(

Excitement over methinks, so perhaps PM and SA are not dead yet

David

727737Nut

Quote from: fordgt40 on August 08, 2011, 12:43:03 PM
Sorry guys but this SDK is not going to be available to flight sim hobbyists. According to the PMDG Introduction Manual the SDK will be made available to known hardware developers.

Not surprised here at all :) - it follows their commercial protection attitude and they also state that the SDK is being made available to hardware developers for them to produce drivers for their own products - also read that this means more PMDG packages can be sold >:(

David
Stand by, I will find the quote from the horse's mouth saying it is for ANYONE.  It is up to the hardware folks to make their own drivers.  Good grief, people, quit spreading incorrect info.
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Quote from: 727737Nut on August 08, 2011, 12:46:29 PM
Quote from: fordgt40 on August 08, 2011, 12:43:03 PM

David
Stand by, I will find the quote from the horse's mouth saying it is for ANYONE.  It is up to the hardware folks to make their own drivers.  Good grief, people, quit spreading incorrect info.

I wil be interested to see this as I have it from a pretty good source that what Dave states is the truth. But I was wrong once.......

fordgt40

Rob

Please have the courtesy to recognise that I am quoting direct from PMDG manual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are saying different things to others then shoot PMDG, not the messenger

David

727737Nut

Here are some replies to NON commercial folks,

We are releasing an SDK this time that will allow you to program hardware to interface with anything on the plane. The airplane should also be compatible with LINDA, the LUA scripting system/UI developed on another forum here at Avsim.

Another from Ryan,

The NGX's gauges are done in C++, not XML - if that's the only requirement, it should work. I have no experience with this feature though, none of us at PMDG have home cockpits.

As we've said many times though, there is a full SDK being released that will allow you to do access anything in the NGX with hardware as long as you know how to program for it.

There are MANY more quotes like this and one specifically stating it is for ANYONE!, like I said, i could see Sim A and PM loyal people defending their products they spent mucho bucks on spreading incorrect info!  LOL  The great conspiracy!  :)

Don't forget, I have PM and Prosim.  ;)
737 Junkie

fordgt40

Rob

Chill out :)
Protecting investments, conspiracy, spreading incorrect info  :( :( :( :(
All I did was to quote from an official PMDG document

Lets have a sense of perspective here. Time will tell and frankly I am not bothered either way

David

727737Nut

Quote from: fordgt40 on August 08, 2011, 01:10:56 PM
Rob

Lets have a sense of perspective here. Time will tell and frankly I am not bothered either way

David
I'm chillin like villian!  LOL

Seriously though, think about it. Person XYZ makes super duper interface to network out displays and full interface the PMDG, what would do to the companies that charge a premium price when you can have it all for under a hundred bucks!???  Just asking.  Playing devil's advocate here. 
Peace
Rob
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Quote from: 727737Nut on August 08, 2011, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: fordgt40 on August 08, 2011, 01:10:56 PM
Rob

David
I'm chillin like villian!  LOL

Seriously though, think about it. Person XYZ makes super duper interface to network out displays and full interface the PMDG, what would do to the companies that charge a premium price when you can have it all for under a hundred bucks!???  Just asking.  Playing devil's advocate here. 
Peace
Rob
Well that gets you the software. You still need hardware. And for folks who have already spent huge bucks are not going to change but it may be good news for those just getting into the hobby. Now if we can get a computer to run it all and 3 projectors as well.........

fordgt40

Rob

Peace  :)

I have no vested interests and fully agree with you. I also have SA and Prosim. If PMDG was better and accessible I would swop like a flash - just somewhat sceptical based on their history.

Lets pend the debate for 6 months and see what has actually happened ie do their actions match their words

David

Joe Lavery

Bob, if you think about it, if you can run the NGX on your system you're already running it all.  ;)

The fact that you might want to spilt the instruments and the view onto different monitors shouldn't make any difference. The only criteria would be that your machine can handle that many monitors. As I;m sure you know some of the latest AMD cards can address up to 6 monitors, so that may be an option for those that want an all in one solution.  Just a thought.

I also was told some time ago by Robert that the SDK would be provided to whoever wanted it. I think it's going to need a programmer to actually make use of it though.  :(

Joe.

jackpilot

For the sake of "Forum moderation":

Discussing the potential of PMDG new software is fine, of course.
Bashing the softwares (and their vendors) that are, and will most probably remain, the mainstay of our cockpits is not.
Without them this forum and maybe this hobby would not even exist

Thinking that the PMDG soft is God answer to our needs and that all of us should applaud and discard our "pricy" systems  might be a tad premature.

Jack

Joe Lavery

I agree wholeheartedly with you Jack, I run PM and have done so for nearly two years with little problems. I also have no intention of dumping everything I've built over the past three years just for the sake of it.

I will enjoy flying the PMDG on my desktop PC until there becomes a valid reason to use it in the pit. I shall however use some of the sound files which are far superior to the default or any others I have come accross.

I don't believe I (personally) have done any software bashing, if that's how it came accross it was unintentional.
I think we should all do as david has just suggested and wait and see what develops over the next few months.

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on August 08, 2011, 03:23:47 PM

Thinking that the PMDG soft is God answer to our needs and that all of us should applaud and discard our "pricy" systems  might be a tad premature.

Quite agree. Just a tad  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

727737Nut

Thanks! Just confirmed what I knew was going through your mind Jack and Maurice.  I Never bashed any software and have recommended them all at one point or another. You are Sim A loyalist and I offended you.  Sorry but it is what it is. 

Good luck all, I'm out

Rob
737 Junkie

jackpilot

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: 727737Nut on August 08, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
Thanks! Just confirmed what I knew was going through your mind Jack and Maurice.  I Never bashed any software and have recommended them all at one point or another. You are Sim A loyalist and I offended you.  Sorry but it is what it is. 

Good luck all, I'm out

Rob

Rob, this is all in good fun. To my knowledge, nobody is trying to offend anyone...just different opinions that's all. Without this kind of discussions, this forum and all forums would be rather boring at times  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate