Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 06:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
585 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX Slew Mode

Started by Joe Lavery, August 08, 2011, 03:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi all,

I've just setup a new machine with FSX and it all works fine but the aircraft move very slowly in slew mode. I've tried resetting the joystick in slew mode from the controls menu with no difference. Strangely the aircraft moves normally (at high speed) when using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Never had this problem before, it's the same Saitek joystick I've been using for years.  :(

Any thoughts, or remedies would be appreciated.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Maurice

Strange but I have never ever used slew mode. When do you need to use it & am I missing something?

On very rare occasions, I have moved my airplane to a different location by using the map view but only when testing something so curious to know when do you find slew mode useful?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Joe Lavery

Have you forgotten Maurice, I'm a reviewer,  ;D we take dozens of screen shots and it's much quicker to slew to the appropriate place to take them.

But the bloody thing won't do what it's supposed to..  :(

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Maurice

Quote from: Joe Lavery on August 08, 2011, 04:23:37 PM
Have you forgotten Maurice, I'm a reviewer,  ;D we take dozens of screen shots and it's much quicker to slew to the appropriate place to take them.

But the bloody thing won't do what it's supposed to..  :(

Joe.

Ah so....I get it. Did forget about you being a reviewer. Sorry but can't help with your problems due to complete ignorance about this subject  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Kennair

Hi Joe,  not sure if I can help but I use slew in FSX quite often to test for suitable parking positions and researching new airports etc. before saving a flight, however I only use the keyboard and this works flawless, I've never configured a joystick for it.  I do know however that FSX assigns joystick and keyboard functions by default and can be a big source of frustration unless you un-assign all unwanted assignments (if you get my drift?).  Try looking at the Slew assignments for all attached joysticks, there may well be something conflicting.  Lots of time I have found slew modes assigned to newly connected joystick controllers that may be at full deflection resulting in the aircraft taking off or spinning wildly when going into slew mode.  I've never had it slow down but this could be the effect you are experiencing with a conflict.

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate