Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 10:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
514 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Todays server outage

Started by Bob Reed, September 05, 2011, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

This outage was not due to our server, this was an outage at the ISP only the second one in the time I have been using them. It was just a coincidence that it happened now.

jackpilot

Bob
I still cant get to the home page .
It opens on the Forum page.
JP

Jack

Bob Reed

Thats is correct. The portal has not been re installed as of yet. Waiting on Trevor. You should just be getting the forum right now.

jackpilot

Jack

NeoMorph

It's surprising how little the portal does yet how jarring when the thing isn't available... I keep going to look to see the summaries of the new posts and going "DAMN!". It's just habit.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on September 05, 2011, 10:32:42 AM
It's surprising how little the portal does yet how jarring when the thing isn't available... I keep going to look to see the summaries of the new posts and going "DAMN!". It's just habit.

Yes the portal is nothing more then a "home" page. It is where all the funk happened. No I do not know what caused the initial problem but it had been building for a number of weeks. I tried to sort it out a number of times and each time thought that I had. The problem just grew worse and worse. It acted like hard drive corruption but that is not possible and I will not go into the reasons why it is not, just know that it is not possible. We needed to upgrade to a newer version of the software anyway and we all know how that usually goes. Trevor is the one with the experiance on that and that is why  am letting him do it.   

Tyler Reed

Because the live chat was on the side bar that does not exist at the moment i wanted to provide the link to access live chat.
http://www.randrdevelopment.com:9090/?channels=builders&uio=d4

Thanks
Tyler
- Tyler Reed

NeoMorph

Bob, even server center hard drives can get corrupted or suffer hardware failures... My blog in a major server center decided to go gaga the one time and then mine and several others sites went offline with database errors like what happened here. The ops managed to switch to a new hard drive and restore from backups so all was sorted pretty quick.

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on September 05, 2011, 06:08:45 PM
Bob, even server center hard drives can get corrupted or suffer hardware failures... My blog in a major server center decided to go gaga the one time and then mine and several others sites went offline with database errors like what happened here. The ops managed to switch to a new hard drive and restore from backups so all was sorted pretty quick.

Any hard drive can get corrupted... I did not say they could not, I said this is not the case with what we have going on and I know 100% that the hard drives involved are fine. Again I am not going to go into how I am sure of this.

NeoMorph

Ahh.. OK. Sorry.

On another note, I managed to get the site IRC channel on my iPad now... should be interesting for use when in cockpit. I can just imagine it now, flying along and getting lost and pinging you guys for directions heh.

Emesis

Wow I actually didn't know IRC was still around. Haven't been on a channel for more then 10 years. Used to be on mIRC all the time, back in the day. That's were everyone used to get their FTP warez sites before the days of torrents. :angel:  Ahhh brings back memories  :'(  :laugh:

NeoMorph

I remember 9/11 because that's how I learned about it. I was a games server admin and used to turn mIRC on as soon as I woke up every day. Friends told me that an aircraft had hit the twin towers and turned on the tv just as second one hit. So IRC has a sweet/sour taste for me.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate