Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:04:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 560
Total: 561

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

EICAS Screens what are you using?

Started by bnepethomas, November 27, 2011, 02:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnepethomas

Hi Guys

Progressing on my 737

But hitting a bit of a brick wall trying to find the 'right monitor for the EICAS screen.  Idally I'd like to be able to display the lower two stand-by instruments as well.  I'm using a couple of 18" for the Captain and FO screens, but they are a no go on the EICAS due to the landing lever.

What screens have you found to fit?

Ta

Peter

XOrionFE

I used an older 15 inch LCD that was the older 4:3 format.  Luckily I had two of them so have one in the mip and one on the shelf as a spare because they don't make them anymore.   I am sure they can still be found on eBay though.  If not you could also check with local schools and libraries that may have older ones.   Offer to replace them with the newer widescreen ones if you can have their older ones.   

Scott

Flying_Fox

Quote from: bnepethomas on November 27, 2011, 02:06:36 AM
What screens have you found to fit?

Ta

Peter

Peter, check this thread:
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=2046.msg15655#msg15655

aliexpress.com has new monitors different sizes (most of them are with no case - just a screen with the video/input card.

I bought one 10.4" for lower EICAS screen.

DaveC

Like Scott, I used an old 15" 4x3 format computer screen that fit nicely.  Try Googling a place called "Earth LCD".  These guys sell LCD kits of every shape and size.  I got one for my lower DU from them.  Pricey but fits perfect.

Dave C.

bnepethomas

Thanks Guys

I've scored the smaller monitors from Allied Express, but was scratching my head on the centre monitor.  Looks like to time to troll for some 15" monitors, the EathLCD units are certainly on the pricey side!!

Cheers

Peter

Kennair

I also used a 15" Samsung LCD that I picked up off ebay for the T7.  Its a squeeze beside the landing gear lever and needed a bit of tweaking but I got it there.  Some squeeze them in sideways to fit however I wanted to avoid this as it makes it difficult to read the screen from the FO side which would effectively be looking at the monitor from below.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate