Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
459 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 459
Total: 459

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Finally! A real Live fellow Simmer! :)

Started by 727737Nut, December 09, 2011, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

This past monday, Scott (XOrionfe), stopped by for a visit to my house. Got to see his VERY nice 737 TQ.  He got to see Nick's and my TQ and how they are assembled.   The best part though was the look on his face and the reaction he gave when he took a flight in my new project, the Gat-1 trainer. :) As soon as that motion started he was like a kid in a toy shop christmas eve! LOL 
Seriously though, it was just nice to meet a fellow simmer face to face.  Just like it's been said on here before, there is not enough interaction between sim people.  We need to have more get togethers to help build, fly, and have fun!
Scott is a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. Hope to meet more of you simmers in the future!

Rob
737 Junkie

jackpilot

Agreed 100%
Had a few experiences like meeting Guys in Amsterdam years ago , the regular Simfest Open house at FDS with Steve and Pete, and Flying BBQs at Mau's FBO ... on this side of the Atlantic.
Always fun and way better than anything online.
Jack

Jack

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Agreed

We could make it a yearly event , east coast one year, west coast every second. ...or any other arrangement

Idea ideas???

Jack

727737Nut

I say have it here in the Midwest as there are several builders with-in 10hrs of each other from Canada to southern part of the midwest.
Just a thought. 

Rob
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

Finally have a moment to jump on.   It was great meeting Rob out in Indiana while I was there on business.   His throttle mod work is really amazing work.  You have all seen the picture but they dont do the work justice.  Rob is quite the engineer.    I did have an absolute blast in his motion simulator.    I never really knew what those things were supposed to do for a pilot in training and actually always thought they  were a little silly but man what a difference 5 minutes in a working one made.  The motion is spectacular.   I probably could have spent the whole evening messing around in that thing while pretending to fly while just watching the guages and tilting the thing this way and that.   Having close to 200 hours in a c172 I can say that the motion in this felt very realistic.  I have spent a lot of time  in one of the redbird trainers with motion also but it is not as realistic as this little blue box.      It is also quite amazing to look at the way it was built.      Anyway, thank you again Rob for the show and tell and the visit.  Was a great time and I will be sure to stop in again when I visit our offices there next time.     

BTW - just want to give a plug for the TQ Rob is selling.  It is very very nice and had I known it was available before I bought mine I would have jumped all over it.    It is a helluva deal for such a nice unit that has been interfaced.    Take a look at it if you havent had a chance.

Scott

PS - North America get together would be great.   I really enjoyed the open house FDS did a couple years ago and it was great meeting everyone.    I would fly anywhere in NA to do that again.

jackpilot

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 09, 2011, 08:38:56 PM

PS - North America get together would be great.   I really enjoyed the open house FDS did a couple years ago and it was great meeting everyone.    I would fly anywhere in NA to do that again.

Same here...

Jack

jackpilot

Following PCos invitation this topic has been split
Check:
First Cockpitbuilders.com Annual Get Together. :D

Jack

Flying_Fox

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 09, 2011, 08:38:56 PM

BTW - just want to give a plug for the TQ Rob is selling.  It is very very nice and had I known it was available before I bought mine I would have jumped all over it.    It is a helluva deal for such a nice unit that has been interfaced.    Take a look at it if you havent had a chance.

Scott

Thanks for your plug, Scott. Can't wait when I get it!.  :)

Nick

MLeavy737

Hey if i get my sim flyable and worth having having people fly it, i would love to have a builder get together at my house.. Down in TX.. And dont worry, the sim will be in the Air Conditioned media room and not in the 100+ deg garage heat!

plus i could show yall a thing or two about flying the 737! Would be a blast!

Mike L.
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jackpilot

We all count on you sharing your wisdom with us Mike.
Your invite is duly noted for 2013...lol
2012 will probably be in Ontario, well...just have to get a jumpseat to CYYZ :D

Jack

MLeavy737

Sounds good Jack! By the time im done getting the sim the way i want it im sure it will be 2013 anyhow!!

Definately will try to make CYYZ!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate