Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
37 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New problem...Visual simulation is running SLOW. Seems like 1/3 speed.

Started by Pilotgil, May 09, 2012, 11:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilotgil

Help again,

Here what I mean. Say I'm at 200 knots flying low (100 feet). The airspeed indicator says 200 knots but when I look out the "window" the ground is going by really slow like 60 knots. Sim rate is 1X. Now this doesn't occur for all aircraft. My KA350 and Piper Seminole look correct. Everything else looks like it's crawling across the ground. Framerate is 50-65 FPS. My system is FS9.1, FSUIPC, WideFS.

Any ideas?

ivar hestnes

Pilotgil

That's IT! It was at 700 + !!!! How did that happen????? Thanks! Is there a place in some cfg file to set this?

blueskydriver

Search for Window Maker program and read about how it works, and then you will understand about the zoom factors, as well as the cfg file you're talking about...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Pilotgil

Ok...I don't understand. First I'm using FS9.1 loaded with "FS" you name it on dedicated system that only has FS stuff and no internet, firewalls, etc.  It runs very well - about 60 FPS with every thing at max. I have two aircraft (KA350 and Piper Seminole) that the zoom settings are .35 (I have TH2GO on with three 42 inch LCD monitors). I match the windowed FOV to the physical FOV and that's where I came up with the .35. Works really good. However, if I select any other aircraft (Mooney, Cessna, etc.), the zoom settings are all over the place (0 to 700) and unchangeable and if you try, the sim crashes to the desktop. The keyboard shortcut will not reset it to 1 either.

I can't locate any .cfg file that seems to control this. Any ideas?

blueskydriver

Try this: load the plane that works and then save it as a new name like test plane save. Now, close FS9 and restart your computer. Next, start FS9 and load the file you just saved. Next, change only the airplane to the one that messes up. If it works, then you must start from a saved file first, if it doesn't work, then something is wrong with the aircraft.cfg and the camera.cfg somewhere to do with that plane.

You have to remember, once you setup the zooms they don't stay the same unless you load from a saved file name and not the interface window where you can select loaction, plane, time & day, and weather all the same time. Becuase that method will always use default zooms, so you use a pre-saved file, and then change the needed items via the menu line above.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Pilotgil

I gave the suggestion a try. After switching to a new aircraft from the "saved" to a newly selected plane, and if I try to change the zoom, FS crashes to the desktop. I took the aircraft file folder from a known good FS9 sim and replaced the crashing aircraft folder. Going back and trying the process again...crash. I should mention that the window under View Options does not show the visual field but only a black box...hence you know it's crashing...

Interesting is FS only crashes if View Options is selected! Otherwise she flies although it looks like it's going in slow motion.

hexpope

To be hoest, thats the first time I heard someone state a problem like that. If what BSD stated didn't work for you, then I would delete all saved files, and also the cfg file, and restart your simualtor. You will probably have to do some settings again in the display settings etc.

Also, another factor to point out, are you using any external settings with your graphics display driver for FS9 ?

Pilotgil

Except for the TH2GO driver. Nothing else that I know of. I may get brave and reinstall FS9; but since I'm only interested in the KA350 and the Seminole (and they work for some odd reason), I'll just hold off on that drastic move. Thanks everyone for the help!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate