Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
576 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS2Phidgets version 5 no longer supported ?

Started by sagrada737, March 04, 2013, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

I received a post from the MyCockpit forum concerning the status of FS2Phidgets version 5.  I was told that the developer is no longer supporting version 5, and that version 4 is the best approach is you want to use FS2Phidgets to talk with FSX.

I'm posting this here because if that is not the case, I would like to get some feedback from anyone using FS2Phidgets5 successfully.  My experience thus far with version 5 is rather limited at this point, so better minds should prevail to clarify status on this nice solution for monitor/controlling status within FSX using Phidgets.

My preference is for FS2Phidgets5 as I like its design better.  Hopefully version 5 is real and will continue to be developed.  Any status on this?

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Nat Crea

Version 5 had some nice advancements but honestly too complicated (for me and others) and less intuitive I believe.
If Alan the developer himself says stick with version 4, and I know he has no interest in taking v5 any further, then grow to love v4.
It does everything you will need I believe.

Nat

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate